Some info on what job is like for Pillapack/Amazon Pharmacy staff pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1021199

Been here a few months in AZ working at Pillpack/Amazon as a fullfillment pharmacist, wanted to share some info and I can try to answer questions you may have as well. Most job postings you see are for what I do.

- pay is okay, 115k a year EXEMPT salaried employee with a year 1 and year 2 sign on bonus, 13k first year and 12k second.
- Mandatory OT every week typically
- NO overtime pay. And I mean zero, I don’t mean just OT at your base pay rate. You will work 5-10 hours a week for free.
- Very Amazon’d, the managers running the pharmacy are all amazon people who are not pharmacists and have no pharmacy experience. As a result, they run it not like a pharmacy but like their warehouses (work you all they can since they do not pay you overtime)
- the process is a bit haphazard. Like I know everyone thinks this will take over pharmacy but when you actually see the process and how everything is done it makes you question that. It’s very retail pharmacy, people running around doing things manually, something wrong with a bag they literally just cut it and tape it and so forth. It’s not streamlined with conveyors or anything like bigger mail order pharmacies
- small team, about 15 rphs right now
- low morale, frustrated rphs mostly at no OT pay while also expecting OT.
- work isn’t too bad, much better than retail.

Lunch almost over, let me know if you have questions. Should you work here? If you are okay with working 45-50 hours a week for 40 hours of pay yes. If not, which most aren’t since it’s pretty unheard of, then no.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Been here a few months in AZ working at Pillpack/Amazon as a fullfillment pharmacist, wanted to share some info and I can try to answer questions you may have as well. Most job postings you see are for what I do.

- pay is okay, 115k a year EXEMPT salaried employee with a year 1 and year 2 sign on bonus, 13k first year and 12k second.
- NO overtime pay. And I mean zero, I don’t mean just OT at your base pay rate. You will work 5-10 hours a week for free.
- Very Amazon’d, the managers running the pharmacy are all amazon people who are not pharmacists and have no pharmacy experience. As a result, they run it not like a pharmacy but like their warehouses (work you all they can since they do not pay you overtime)
- the process is a bit haphazard. Like I know everyone thinks this will take over pharmacy but when you actually see the process and how everything is done it makes you question that. It’s very retail pharmacy, people running around doing things manually, something wrong with a bag they literally just cut it and tape it and so forth. It’s not streamlined with conveyors or anything like bigger mail order pharmacies

Lunch almost over, let me know if you have questions. Should you work here? If you are okay with working 45-50 hours a week for 40 hours of pay yes. If not, which most aren’t since it’s pretty unheard of, then no.

Are you a new grad that went straight into that job? You are acting as though we are all super curious about Pillpack... like it’s something unique. It’s not, it’s a mail order pharmacy as far as I’m concerned.

Working OT for no pay is not unheard of at all. I worked at least 15 OT this week for no extra pay.. I just did it cause I wanted to get the job done.

Are you a new grad that went straight into that job? You are acting as though we are all super curious about Pillpack... like it’s something unique. It’s not, it’s a mail order pharmacy as far as I’m concerned.

Working OT for no pay is not unheard of at all. I worked at least 15 OT this week for no extra pay.. I just did it cause I wanted to get the job done.

I posted it to help people out who may be interested in the company since when I was looking into Pillpack I couldn’t find much info, you were free to skip by the post. If it’s not wanted mods are free to delete the thread. Nice flex by the way, you sound like a true warrior of an rph, setting an example for all of us of how to work more for less

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users

I'll be curious to see how AZ handles a misfill on uncompensated time. But, that PIC is asking for it as if s/he is letting logistics manage you all, that person better have Roger Morris on retainer for the inevitable hearing.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.