some of the Questions I got in my CBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bikoberry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: .

Members don't see this ad.

hi bikoberry,
thanks a lot for posting the questions you remember. :thumbup: it really helps to know the current trend of the exam. Please do keep us posted whenever you are able to recollect more questions. I know you would be anxious waiting for the results. dont worry. youve done your job. Just pray and hope for the best. Wish you the best of luck :thumbup:

Jaydent said:
hi bikoberry,
thanks a lot for posting the questions you remember. :thumbup: it really helps to know the current trend of the exam. Please do keep us posted whenever you are able to recollect more questions. I know you would be anxious waiting for the results. dont worry. youve done your job. Just pray and hope for the best. Wish you the best of luck :thumbup:

Thank you fo ur kindly msg,, as i remember any question i will post it... just pray for me guys to pass my exam.. and wish me luck :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
bikoberry said:
Thank you fo ur kindly msg,, as i remember any question i will post it... just pray for me guys to pass my exam.. and wish me luck :oops:
Hi Bikoberry,
Thanks a lot for posting the questions you remembered . I am planning to give my exams very soon . This will help me a lot .
Wishing you Good Luck for your results . Your exams are over . Just relax...... dont worry about the results . You will get very good scores .

shan2005 said:
Hi Bikoberry,
Thanks a lot for posting the questions you remembered . I am planning to give my exams very soon . This will help me a lot .
Wishing you Good Luck for your results . Your exams are over . Just relax...... dont worry about the results . You will get very good scores .
hi everybody!i took my cbt test in late december.although i wouldn't rememnber the exact questions with all four choices but i think i should atleast mention the kind of questions i had.hope this helps!
1.whether the form of Iga in saliva was monomeric or polymeric.there were two other choices .i wasn't sure about the answer but my friend said it was polymeric.but plz check it up and read it properly.

2.what was the allergic component in latex gloves.there were four choices one being protein.plz look it up for what should be the answer.

3.in anatomy there was a question on the cranial sutures. coronal suture was the answer for what it seperates(the cranial parts).

4.there was a question where the answer was "emmisary veins".i mean it connects the dural venous sinuses and the face/extracranial strs.plz look it up as to what it connects.

5.which muscle aids the arm in medial rotation?

6.traveller's diarrhea is caused by which organism?(thats a straight question from micro but anyway i mentioned it cuz it wasn't in any of the question papers!)
that's about it for now.i'll write some more whenever i remember.study hard!and good luck ! :luck: and you all pray that i get into upenn.i've my interview soon this week!

Thanks a lot for posting questions....it will help all of us who are planning to take our exam soon.
Good luck to you guys :thumbup:
you have been so helpful....God will help you too :)
dentyst05

thanks both of u and good luck

do u remember any qestion of dental anatomy.

ginna

Hi

You have been very sweet to offer questions and I sincerely will pray for your success!!

dove15 said:
Hi

You have been very sweet to offer questions and I sincerely will pray for your success!!

I'm planning to take CBT in few days and if you could also share with me some *pointers*....that would definately help........

Bet it gets too sternous and tiring...especially considering that DA is the very last section??!!

any tips??

do share with me your experience and also keep me informed when you get your result as I'll be praying for your success that like the way my friend do for me.....they say it really works when someone else prays for you!!

My advice for you to answer the micro/path very quickly what u know . and what u dont know just leave it dont think about it mark it,, then go to D.anatomy,, take all ur time think well then when u r finished return to the marked questions of Micro/path.... the questions wasnt so tough in D.A only i had 2 strange question regarding the posselt's envelope it was not the traditional Q .. it was asking about which movement do it represent i dont really remember was like anterior posterior... sagital.. horizontal,,, I dont remember..
the D.A wasnt so difficult but it need time to think
good luck :thumbup: and pray for me :) I know that that prayer would works

ginna said:

ginna
I got a lot of questions about the Movment of maxillary teeth over the mandibular especially the ML cusp
1- order the root from the larger to the smaller of the maxillary molar
2- which tooth represent the evidence of 1st calcification at oldest age!!
3- muscle not involved in mastication... choices mylohyoid ,, ant digastric,, temporalis..masseter
4- the ling of lower premolar similar to growth to which cusp? cusp of carabelli... lobe of canine...lobe of anterior ( i really dont remember the answers)
5- centric relation represent..??
6- canine eruption at which age?
good luck :thumbup:

blacktooth said:
traveller's diarrhea is caused by which organism?(thats a straight question from micro but anyway i mentioned it cuz it wasn't in any of the question papers!)

it is caused by E.choli
Good luck in your acceptance :thumbup:

bikoberry said:
I got a lot of questions about the Movment of maxillary teeth over the mandibular especially the ML cusp
1- order the root from the larger to the smaller of the maxillary molar
2- which tooth represent the evidence of 1st calcification at oldest age!!
3- muscle not involved in mastication... choices mylohyoid ,, ant digastric,, temporalis..masseter
4- the ling of lower premolar similar to growth to which cusp? cusp of carabelli... lobe of canine...lobe of anterior ( i really dont remember the answers)
5- centric relation represent..??
6- canine eruption at which age?
good luck :thumbup:
thanks once again
does the qestion no 4 means-
the lingual cusp of the first premolar of the mandibular

Members don't see this ad :)
blacktooth said:
hi everybody!i took my cbt test in late december.although i wouldn't rememnber the exact questions with all four choices but i think i should atleast mention the kind of questions i had.hope this helps!
1.whether the form of Iga in saliva was monomeric or polymeric.there were two other choices .i wasn't sure about the answer but my friend said it was polymeric.but plz check it up and read it properly.

2.what was the allergic component in latex gloves.there were four choices one being protein.plz look it up for what should be the answer.

3.in anatomy there was a question on the cranial sutures. coronal suture was the answer for what it seperates(the cranial parts).

4.there was a question where the answer was "emmisary veins".i mean it connects the dural venous sinuses and the face/extracranial strs.plz look it up as to what it connects.

5.which muscle aids the arm in medial rotation?

6.traveller's diarrhea is caused by which organism?(thats a straight question from micro but anyway i mentioned it cuz it wasn't in any of the question papers!)
that's about it for now.i'll write some more whenever i remember.study hard!and good luck ! :luck: and you all pray that i get into upenn.i've my interview soon this week!

Hi Blacktooth,

Thank you very much . So kind of you to recollect the questions and post it for others.
Good luck for your interview @ UPenn :thumbup:

shan2005 said:
Hi Blacktooth,

Thank you very much . So kind of you to recollect the questions and post it for others.
Good luck for your interview @ UPenn :thumbup:
Hi....thanks a lot.....all the best :thumbup:

ginna said:

ginna
hi!as for me,there were a LOT of questions from dental decks.and some of them were even repeated in a different way.there was not even a single question on mandibular/maxillary movements!but there were daigrams that involved the tooth numbering system.i mean they would show a digram of the entire dentition and pick a tooth for which the answer would be the specific tooth number(american system!) just an example:which preomlar has two roots?the answer would have to be the number.(5,12)
but i would suggest you to read wheeler's well.oral histology was fine.i don't remeber any questions but nothing away from normal.
plus know what the different type of occlusions look like.there was a diagram showing the teeth occluded in a particular way.and the answer was canine protected occlusion.other choices were ,grp protected occ and so on!!!!just know them well.

Hello Everyone,
Thanks a lot for the people who are posting some questions from the CBT... It is vast array of questions we have seen posted here...
It is would be of great help if people who post some more questions...

Keep them coming....

PK-Bond

Does anybody has the answer for these questions

which of the following muscle position the condyles in the most superior anterior position?
a-masseter and digastric
b.-masseter and medial pterigoids
c.-temporal and sternocleido mastoids
d.-temporal and superior lateral pterigoids

I think is d

which ones represent the most obvios difference between primary maxilaary second molar and permanent maxillar first molar?
a.- The primary has a much narrower measurement at the CEJ compred to its contact area
b.- the permanent tooth has a rhomboid oclussal outline

I think is a

Hi,

I am also done with my cbt.Some questions i got are similar to as posted by bikoberry.Some i remember are:
1.diagram of the eye and to identify the lacrimal gland.
2.organism producing green pus.
3.how are bile salts carried in blood.
4.largest to smallest root of max. first mollar.
5.tmj capsule is supplied by which nerve.

I'll post more as i will remember them.Best of luck to all those preparing.

Smile care

Smile care said:
Hi,

I am also done with my cbt.Some questions i got are similar to as posted by bikoberry.Some i remember are:

Smile care
i think we did the exam in the same day, i did it on saturday .. what's About u?
i'm very worry i believe the anat.physio was tough
what do u think?

i too think the answer should be [d]
coz I think its
ANTERIOR MEDIAL DISC DISPLACEMENT

Smile care said:
Hi,

Smile care

so which one is the correct for the orgnism that produce green pus, pseudomones or corynebacterium??

canina said:
so which one is the correct for the orgnism that produce green pus, pseudomones or corynebacterium??
I think the organism which produces green pus is pseudomonas.

hi everyone,
for those who are preparing for NBDE PART1

I have found two sites which are useful so I will like to share with u guys -;

[1] www.studystack.com -u will find the flash cards

[2] digram of the skull --once u open this site cllick to the section skull ,scalp and superficial face---once u clik to this u will find the digrams and in the end their are some pratice question about 60 and are really good .

As we all are sailing in the same boat hope it will help you guys as this has helped me.

ginna said:
hi everyone,
for those who are preparing for NBDE PART1

I have found two sites which are useful so I will like to share with u guys -;

[1] www.studystack.com -u will find the flash cards

[2] digram of the skull --once u open this site cllick to the section skull ,scalp and superficial face---once u clik to this u will find the digrams and in the end their are some pratice question about 60 and are really good .

As we all are sailing in the same boat hope it will help you guys as this has helped me.

Hi Ginna ,
I went through some of the flash cards . Thats a good website . I am just done with Anatomy .So for me it was a good practice session.

ok, another one !
WHich of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle

a.- Medial wall of the aticular fossa on the working side
b.-Superior wall of the articular fossa on the non working side
c- capsular ligament

here no sure!

The prymary mandibular second molar normally exhibit which of the following characteristics
a.-one transverse ridge
b.-two oclussal pits
c.-tree roots
d.-3 occlusal fossa
e.-4 cusps

I think is d

MDS master mind cd !!

Anyone interested can pm me. A very useful cd for both part 1 and 2 preps.

Thanks
snoopdog

canina said:
ok, another one !
WHich of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle

a.- Medial wall of the aticular fossa on the working side
b.-Superior wall of the articular fossa on the non working side
c- capsular ligament

here no sure!

The prymary mandibular second molar normally exhibit which of the following characteristics
a.-one transverse ridge
b.-two oclussal pits
c.-tree roots
d.-3 occlusal fossa
e.-4 cusps

I think is d

I think answer to the first question is c

rahmed

Hi,
I couldn't find the questions which bikoberry had mentioned .Is it in this same thread or another one?I hope somebody will answer me since those questions would've been useful for me too.
Thankx

save_a_smile said:
Hi,
I couldn't find the questions which bikoberry had mentioned .Is it in this same thread or another one?I hope somebody will answer me since those questions would've been useful for me too.
Thankx
hi,
I dont know what happened either. I guess the questions which bikoberry posted have been erased :confused: .

Hi,
Thanks Jaydent for your reply.Bikoberry,if you don't mind could you post those questions again?Sorry to trouble you,but if you could that would've been a great help for all of us.Thank you & good luck for ur results! :thumbup:

thank u all for posting the questions.I am planning to take my CBT next month.really tense now.having a lot of problems in anatomy.can u plz suggest where should I read anatomy from besides dental decks,quess.papers and chaurasia..
wishing u luck with the scores and admission :thumbup:
take care
tanuj :luck:

drtanujpuri said:
thank u all for posting the questions.I am planning to take my CBT next month.really tense now.having a lot of problems in anatomy.can u plz suggest where should I read anatomy from besides dental decks,quess.papers and chaurasia..
wishing u luck with the scores and admission :thumbup:
take care
tanuj :luck:
Moore, K Clinically Oriented Anatomy Lippincott Williams & Wilkins ( detail )
Moore, K and Agur, A Essential Clinical Anatomy Lippincott Williams & Wilkins(concise)
the first book is a detailed version of the second book....
the detailed version is a better book .. plus netter s atlas of anatomy....

thank you all for posting the questions . I am giving my exam this month end . Really tensed and nervous.... . Those who has given the CBT (part 1 ) recenty . Plsss......... post some of questions that you remember or at least the topics that were most asked in the exam .
Thank you all .