Some OMFS programs missing on PASS??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.elegans

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I realized we could now open up accounts on PASS, and was just browsing through to add programs to my list.
I noticed that there are several programs that are not on the website. For example, I only see the U of Maryland 4 year option but not the 6 year option.
Will they be added later on?? Same thing for USC and some other programs. Any insight ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I realized we could now open up accounts on PASS, and was just browsing through to add programs to my list.
I noticed that there are several programs that are not on the website. For example, I only see the U of Maryland 4 year option but not the 6 year option.
Will they be added later on?? Same thing for USC and some other programs. Any insight ?
Maryland will not be offering a 6 year position this year. Not sure about USC

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait seriously?? Do you know why?? Thats a real shame because I was seriously looking in to the 6yr program at Maryland......
I am not sure why, just what I heard. Heck, I could even be wrong about it! Just sharing what I've heard, anyone can correct me if it's wrong because I wouldn't wanna spread misinformation. If it doesn't appear on PASS that could explain why though

For those of us retaking the CBSE this August, will we be able to update submitted applications with the new score after having submitted older scores?

Yes, you can upload the PDF score report in the extra documents section after you submit.

Reactions: 1 user
There are some programs described on PASS as requiring successful completion of part 2 boards. Is this referencing a matriculation requirement or proof of passing by time of application deadline for these programs? Appreciate if someone can chime in.

There are some programs described on PASS as requiring successful completion of part 2 boards. Is this referencing a matriculation requirement or proof of passing by time of application deadline for these programs? Appreciate if someone can chime in.

Search function is your friend: Writing NBDE Part 2 before applying to OMFS?

On a related note, why is LLU's deadline so early? Are they not considering CBSE scores from the upcoming exam date?

Last edited:
For those of us retaking the CBSE this August, will we be able to update submitted applications with the new score after having submitted older scores?

Important caveat. You can add documents, but you can not delete the previous score report. Also, if you put your CBSE score on your CV (which it should be), you can't edit that after you hit submit.

Search function is your friend: Writing NBDE Part 2 before applying to OMFS?

On a related note, why is LLU's deadline so early? Are they not considering CBSE scores from the upcoming exam date?

I go here as a dental student and all I know is that they require you to submit ALL attempts for the CBSE. Obviously the deadline is before the next test, so it is putting some people in an unfortunate position that want to apply here but havent taken the test or want a higher score.

Yiu can obviously submit a new score to PASS after the fact and Im sure they would look at it, but it is interesting how soon the deadline is. I know its the same way with other specialties my friends are applying to here where their deadline is also way sooner than others.

I go here as a dental student and all I know is that they require you to submit ALL attempts for the CBSE. Obviously the deadline is before the next test, so it is putting some people in an unfortunate position that want to apply here but havent taken the test or want a higher score.

Yiu can obviously submit a new score to PASS after the fact and Im sure they would look at it, but it is interesting how soon the deadline is. I know its the same way with other specialties my friends are applying to here where their deadline is also way sooner than others.

Idk, I doubt this is actually the case. Otherwise, why would they make their deadline so much earlier than all the other programs. Also, based on what I can put together, this is a change from their deadline last cycle which was about a month later (early September). Perhaps you can inquire on behalf of those of us who are on the fence.

anyone know where to upload the cbse score now? Should I just attach it to my cv?

Does anyone know the character/word limit for your personal statement?

It used to be 5200 characters I believe, the new style of PASS doesn't seem to show any limit or special way to format anything.

Yes, you can upload the PDF score report in the extra documents section after you submit.
Will this be under the heading "Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript"? There's a CV/Resume heading, and then 3 Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript headings.