Some Pathophysiology questions... test your medical knowledge!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.Jane is a compulsive jogger, jogging for 2 hours daily. She is underweight. You would expect her to have
a) heavy menstrual flow
b) painful cramps
c)amenorrhea
d) elevated levels of LH,FSH, Cortisol
e) none of the above

2.Dan was lost in the desert for 2 days and didnt drink for 54 hours. After he is brought to the hospital his diagnostics evaluations will rveeal:
a) increased blood volume
b) elevated ADH
c) normal urine production
d) decreased blood osmolarity
e) elevated BUN, Na+ and K+

3.Jill has anorexia nervosa. She was rushed to the ER because of cardias arrhythmias. Blood and urine specimens indicate Ketonemia and Ketonuria. The arrythmias are due to:
a) elevated levels of Plasma ph
b)metabolic alkalosis
c)ketoacidosis
d) high blood pressure
e) hypoglycemia

4. Joe is playing football. During tackle he breaks a rib and is having difficulty breathing Joe is probably suffering from
a) collapsed trachea
b) a bruised diaphragm
c) pnuemothorax
d)obstruction of bronchi
e) all of the above

5. Dr. H prescribed a broad spectrum antibiotic for Kim's nose infection. 3 weeks later Kim complained of nosebleeds. Which is a possible cause:
a) the treatment caused widespread damage to nose vessels
b) the antibiotic caused damage to the nose epithilium
c) board spectrum antibiotic killed the normal microbial flora that synthesize vitamin K , a precursor of prothrombin used for blood clottting
d) all of the above
e) none of the above

Try to answer as many as you can. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
do your own hw!!!!!

actually, you'd be surprised, I did do my own hw and researched this quite a lot. However, I was wondering if perhaps the vast medical knowledge you have acquired could help me to understand some of these.
Thanks anyway!