Some people out there really hate SDN...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
"I remember reading a thread here on premeddit where there were a group of Caltech guys who outed LizzyM as being in fact NOT an adcom member and actually one of the main staff of SDN. However, that could be the case for only lizzym, and it's unknown whether or not the other supposed adcoms I indicated are actually real. I think the outing of lizzym is what makes me question the validity of the other adcoms, which is why I came onto ask premeddit's opinions."

A conspiracy!!

"they're a bunch of brutally uptight obnoxious neurotic braggy insecure cliquey cutthroat gunners. They also try and discourage people so they can have a better chance because they stand a lot to gain."

Lol

Reactions: 4 users
futarama-fry-reddit.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

Oh, reddit. Such lulz. Many hugbox. The amount of hate and scorn they heap on the adcoms and the way in which they insist everyone is here for personal gain reeks of so much sour grapes and projection that I can't even :roflcopter:

Reactions: 15 users
they're a bunch of brutally uptight obnoxious neurotic braggy insecure cliquey cutthroat gunners. They also try and discourage people so they can have a better chance because they stand a lot to gain. According them i couldnt get an interview at an md school with a 28/29 mcat, yet here I am sitting 13 interviews (I basically did the best I could and went with "**** SDN" because they're so far off, deceptive, and really can steer you the wrong way. Don't let them ever tell you that your best work isn't good enough there's always stuff you can do to achieve your goals). They're just awful and discouraging and their advice doesn't mean jack****. Take them with a grain of salt, even the adcoms aside from LizzyM are giving pretty trashy advice. Gyngyn is particularly horrific because she tried to justify rejecting a student for having a mild learning disability and everything Goro should be taken with a grain of salt bc she doesnt know admissions anywhere near as well as she thinks. SDN is a terrible site, with some good resources, but it's basically just /b/ with premeds and I hope a good portion of people on that site never become doctors.

:whoa:

Reactions: 2 users
"I remember reading a thread here on premeddit where there were a group of Caltech guys who outed LizzyM as being in fact NOT an adcom member and actually one of the main staff of SDN. However, that could be the case for only lizzym, and it's unknown whether or not the other supposed adcoms I indicated are actually real. I think the outing of lizzym is what makes me question the validity of the other adcoms, which is why I came onto ask premeddit's opinions."

A conspiracy!!

"they're a bunch of brutally uptight obnoxious neurotic braggy insecure cliquey cutthroat gunners. They also try and discourage people so they can have a better chance because they stand a lot to gain."

Lol
It's a conspiracy by the mods (most of which are practicing physicians) to misinform premeds for no good reason, clearly! :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
giphy.gif

Oh, reddit. Such lulz. Many hugbox. The amount of hate and scorn they heap on the adcoms and the way in which they insist everyone is here for personal gain reeks of so much sour grapes and projection that I can't even :roflcopter:

Wow I forgot all about that movie

lol haters gonna hate

Interesting that most people hate premeds. And within that set of premeds there is hate for this community.

"LizzyM TOLD ME MY CHANCES OF GETTING INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL IN CALIFORNIA WAS IMPOSSIBLE WITH MY 2.2 GPA AND 18 MCAT! SHE MUST BE FAEK11!11!!11!one!"

Reactions: 14 users
So I had no idea what this red thing was, went on there, had a great laugh, and remembered why I'm firmly convinced that 99% of the population is comprised of total ****ing *****s.

If you can't handle the honest truth, then you aren't getting very far in life, especially if you choose to be a professional

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just went to reddit and found this gem: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/why-us-healthcare-system-_b_9632948.html

So it is all good. And this girl needs ta learn some grammar
Lol, I love how she's like, "we need to open more residencies because we have a primary care crisis" in one paragraph while saying "we need to look at foreign grads equally when it comes to matching into derm and orthopedic surgery" in another. Could you be any more transparently self-serving?

Angela’s gift of tenacity, strong-will, and refuse-to-lose attitude distinguishes her as an unstoppable force.

Unstoppable- except when it comes to getting into a U.S. medical school :hilarious:

Reactions: 12 users
"There are some sociopaths on SDN."

"they're a bunch of brutally uptight obnoxious neurotic braggy insecure cliquey cutthroat gunners."

o_Oo_Oo_O

Wow, this is unreal...

Reddit tends to be the center hub of neckbearded foreveraloners. In comparison, we are normal, so don't be surprised when they criticize.
Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far.... ;)

Reactions: 11 users
"I am curious about the corporate SDN's agendas - do they want more people to sign up for commercial test prep services? I cannot help but think that SDN is Kaplan or Princeton Review or one of the test prep companies out to create more neurotic premeds and make millions in the process for themselves."

I am hereby throwing my hat in the ring to be an undercover salesman for Kaplan or PR. For a respectable salary I will use my heavy influence (derived from my hundreds of helpful posts on this site) to push test prep services on anyone asking even completely unrelated questions. PM for details and a list of my demands.

"I am curious about the corporate SDN's agendas - do they want more people to sign up for commercial test prep services? I cannot help but think that SDN is Kaplan or Princeton Review or one of the test prep companies out to create more neurotic premeds and make millions in the process for themselves."

I am hereby throwing my hat in the ring to be an undercover salesman for Kaplan or PR. For a respectable salary I will use my heavy influence (derived from my hundreds of helpful posts on this site) to push test prep services on anyone asking even completely unrelated questions. PM for details and a list of my demands.

Throwing my hat in as well :happy:

After a decade of being on SDN and going through the process of becoming a doctor, I can honestly say that I have a love/hate relationship with SDN. You may not appreciate it yet, but the forum changes throughout your level of training and becomes a much more grounded site to read/learn from. The premed forum is the absolute worse part of the site, and unfortunately the poster child for SDN in general.

#truth

Reactions: 13 users
I hate how SDN bashes Caribbean schools when all they do is offer the opportunity for under qualified and desperate students to ride a four year pipe shoot where nothing could potentially be there but the abyss. My uncle was a doctor from a Caribbean school and he's currently a very successful gastroenterologist who told me that the sky is the limit. I also know of two other people who were from the Caribbean and no one cared. That's three successful people who I know have become doctors! And if becoming a doctor doesn't work out, then I can always become a lawyer because there are no pre-reqs. There are schools that will accept me without me even needing me to take an LSAT! I sure hope I make both my mom and dad proud.

How dare you tell me that my 2.5 and 18 won't even cut it for podiatry when I clearly have the temperament and desire to go to Stanford Med? You must be the worlds biggest trolls. I will show you all and have the last laugh when I am the next Ben Carson. Bunch of stuck up pricks. I was told, to my face, that SGU would most definitely look at my application, so don't tell me that adcoms won't consider my application.

We tend to be a bunch of cynical jerks sometimes, but I think we mean well. Us old timers. In general, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
SkipJunior and DermViser... hehehe

I particularly liked the posts claiming the whole site was being run by pre-meds as a scam to knock down the competition. Given that SDN is going on nearly 20 years old at this point, that's quite the long con.

It's all about the long con

I hate how SDN bashes Caribbean schools when all they do is offer the opportunity for under qualified and desperate students to ride a four year pipe shoot where nothing could potentially be there but the abyss. My uncle was a doctor from a Caribbean school and he's currently a very successful gastroenterologist who told me that the sky is the limit. I also know of two other people who were from the Caribbean and no one cared. That's three successful people who I know have become doctors! And if becoming a doctor doesn't work out, then I can always become a lawyer because there are no pre-reqs. There are schools that will accept me without me even needing me to take an LSAT! I sure hope I make both my mom and dad proud.

Classic

My favorite part is looking at all the usernames of the posters. It seems all the people trash-talking SDN are listed as "applicant" or have no distinction, whereas the people defending SDN are listed as medical students.

Definitely not bitter.

My favorite part is looking at all the usernames of the posters. It seems all the people trash-talking SDN are listed as "applicant" or have no distinction, whereas the people defending SDN are listed as medical students. Definitely not bitter.

Anyone can be an applicant. Only a few are accepted or remain in a program long enough to understand the cautionary advice is merited.

Reddit isn't too bad when it comes to medical students giving board prep advise, I've never seen the premed Reddit but I wouldn't doubt some of the lovely ignorance on there

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

NFI who skipjunior is and I've been active here for 7 or 8 years. Someone aware me

People of SDN, especially premed forums tend to be pessimistic, upfront, harsh, and brutally honest ....... and that is why I feel a sense of belonging to this community :DWhoever says the opinion/advice given here is mean clearly hasn't had a real job with an uptight boss in their life.

Google "reddit meetup" and have a look at the pictures. Reddit tends to be the center hub of neckbearded foreveraloners. In comparison, we are normal, so don't be surprised when they criticize.

Oh, and r/premed is too nice. Instead of being honest, a majority of the posters there will tell someone who has no business in applying to go ahead and waste their time with applying.

That's a really misinformed generalization of the people who use reddit.

That's a really misinformed generalization of the people who use reddit.

Completely agree. Most people who use Reddit are totally normal. Almost everyone I know uses Reddit including myself. Not all of us are from the red pill lol.

Lol Not even a Plan B for her... SGU is more like a Plan F...as in totally f***ed as opposed to Plan B

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Your profile picture really goes well with this post

How dare you tell me that my 2.5 and 18 won't even cut it for podiatry when I clearly have the temperament and desire to go to Stanford Med? You must be the worlds biggest trolls. I will show you all and have the last laugh when I am the next Ben Carson. Bunch of stuck up pricks. I was told, to my face, that SGU would most definitely look at my application, so don't tell me that adcoms won't consider my application.
lol

The wife my son and I went out to Starbucks this morning and I was reading these posts while waiting for my chai tea.

I had to bite my lip not to laugh out loud in the store at the stupidity of these Reddit kids. My first thought was "look at all the people who are not ever going to be doctors."

Reactions: 11 users
I'm glad, it opens up your perspective to the other applicants. Being on sdn makes you think the average applicant is 3.8 34+ when there's actually an invisible and lagging tail to the spectrum of applicants

The wife my son and I went out to Starbucks this morning and I was reading these posts while waiting for my chai tea.

I had to bite my lip not to laugh out loud in the store at the stupidity of these Reddit kids. My first thought was "look at all the people who are not ever going to be doctors."

I like how in one post you were a "she."