Some questions about my personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

For those of you who are a bit well versed in writing proper personal statements, I have a couple of questions about mine.

Is it a bad idea to bring up other careers (in healthcare or not) that I was originally interested in but upon inspection decided that it wasn't for me and why this career (podiatry) is right for me instead?

Is it okay if my personal statement isn't "flowery" or has no amazing narrative behind it but is rather a logical, thought out/ procedural statement on why I decided that I'm right for a career in podiatry? I don't know how to really "wow" my reader instead. I know it's kind of popular around SDN threads here how it's important to have very unique personal statements.

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think it is a bad option to bring up other career paths. However, you have to be clear that podiatry is now your number one. Do not make adcoms think that it is a backup.

If I was in your shoes I would weave a story about how I liked certain aspects of each potential career but realized that podiatry combined all the best characteristics together. Maybe something like that!

I do not think it is a bad option to bring up other career paths. However, you have to be clear that podiatry is now your number one. Do not make adcoms think that it is a backup.

If I was in your shoes I would weave a story about how I liked certain aspects of each potential career but realized that podiatry combined all the best characteristics together. Maybe something like that!

That's exactly what I planned (and currently) doing lol Thanks