Some questions about PCAT and submitting scoresI have some questions about PCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First sorry about the typo in my thread title :)
Ok, I am planning on taking the June 2011 PCAT. By spring semester of 2011 I will have already finished Gen chem I & II, Bio I & II, Orgo I & II, A&P I, Microbio, and Calc I. I would like to apply in september 2011 for the fall 2012 class.

Does this mean I will apply with my june 2011 PCAT score?. Let's say I do not get a very good score on that june PCAT, can I take it again in october and January of the following year(2012) and send the scores in again?

Do they make the decision right before you start school or is it a couple of months before?

thank you.
any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

You can sign up to take it multiple times. I think most schools take your better score, understanding that many people don't do so hot the first time they take it. You'd have to check with the schools you're applying to in order see what their specific policy is regarding the PCAT though. For example, some schools don't accept the October or January PCATs because the scores come after their deadline.

If you don't do well on the June PCAT, why wait until October? You can always take it in August (this gives you about 2 months of summer to study) unless you have some major summer plans which I'm assuming you won't since you'll be right in the middle of doing applications. October is possible but depends on school.. & I think the majority of schools don't take January (scores released late Feb?) since that gets extremely late in the process to start applying considering interviews for schools start Novemberish.

Start studying for them just whenever you have free time, why not start delving into some of the material, even analogies and such so you aren't crammed to study for it next year?

If you don't do well on the June PCAT, why wait until October? You can always take it in August (this gives you about 2 months of summer to study) unless you have some major summer plans which I'm assuming you won't since you'll be right in the middle of doing applications. October is possible but depends on school.. & I think the majority of schools don't take January (scores released late Feb?) since that gets extremely late in the process to start applying considering interviews for schools start Novemberish.

Start studying for them just whenever you have free time, why not start delving into some of the material, even analogies and such so you aren't crammed to study for it next year?

Ok thanks.