Some questions for anyone in the medical field

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

To be?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people.

So I have some questions that I honestly don't know who to ask to and whether or not to actually persuade it. I graduated from my undergrad and now I am going to apply grad school. I am thinking of going back to the medical field after grad school, but I'm not sure if that is such a good idea. I tried the premed program during my undergrad and although I enjoyed learning, my grades in class wasn't that good, compared to my lab grades, and few of the professors didn't like me too much because of that. So it was a bad experience for me. At that time I had a hard time realizing what the problem was, but now I know and I think I can fix it. Should I actually try going back and risk it or no?

My second is whether or not I can take the premed courses at a community college? I already got a bachelor degree, so do I need to go back to a a college/university to take it again or can I just take them at a community college.

And finally my last question. This might be a foolish question, but I want to know. Unfortunately I did not finish my premed courses during my undergrad. I'm thinking of majoring english in grad school for certain reasons. If I do that, does that mean that I do not have to take an english course after going back to the states if I am going back to do the premed?

Sorry for the long questions and thank you for your time reading and answering them.

Members don't see this ad.

How badly do you want to be a doctor? if "a lot" then yes.

Should I actually try going back and risk it or no?

Yes.
My second is whether or not I can take the premed courses at a community college? I already got a bachelor degree, so do I need to go back to a a college/university to take it again or can I just take them at a community college.

Take the English course in a US school. Things overseas don't count.
And finally my last question. This might be a foolish question, but I want to know. Unfortunately I did not finish my premed courses during my undergrad. I'm thinking of majoring english in grad school for certain reasons. If I do that, does that mean that I do not have to take an english course after going back to the states if I am going back to do the premed?

Hey people.

So I have some questions that I honestly don't know who to ask to and whether or not to actually persuade it. I graduated from my undergrad and now I am going to apply grad school. I am thinking of going back to the medical field after grad school, but I'm not sure if that is such a good idea. I tried the premed program during my undergrad and although I enjoyed learning, my grades in class wasn't that good, compared to my lab grades, and few of the professors didn't like me too much because of that. So it was a bad experience for me. At that time I had a hard time realizing what the problem was, but now I know and I think I can fix it. Should I actually try going back and risk it or no?

Sorry for the long questions and thank you for your time reading and answering them.

Let me say this, community college course work is not going to be counted against you, might as well take the coursework at a place you can afford. And yes take all the courses in the US.