SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Some questions...When May 15th comes...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by starrydreamer, May 3, 2007.

1. starrydreamer

starrydreamer 2+ Year Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Is it "legal" to hold an acceptance to one school while being on the waitlist for another school?

Another question I have is, does anyone know whether USC is known for giving a lot of financial aid? How much more financial aid, on average, can one get from a private school than from a public school?

Thanks so much!!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Yes, you can be on as many waitlists as you like, but can only have one acceptance. If you get off a waitlist the schools will tell you your time frame for making up your mind and letting them and your other acceptance know.

USC I don't believe is known to give much aid, but hopefully someone who goes there can give you more info.

4. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man 10+ Year Member

Just to reiterate what angel said, it's against AMCAS 'traffic rules' for you to be holding more than one acceptance after May 15. However, you can remain on the waitlists. If any school is going to offer you an acceptance, they have to notify you and the school where you are currently holding an acceptance.

5. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!! 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    is it "legal" on sdn to have so many threads about the same thing at the same time?

6. Dakota

Dakota Senior Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2005
    My financial aid package from USC was "here are your federal loans, and one or two other loans, best of luck finding loans to cover the rest." That's half the reason I'm at NYU now.