Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Some questions...When May 15th comes...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by starrydreamer, May 3, 2007.

1. starrydreamer

Pre-Medical
    Is it "legal" to hold an acceptance to one school while being on the waitlist for another school?

Another question I have is, does anyone know whether USC is known for giving a lot of financial aid? How much more financial aid, on average, can one get from a private school than from a public school?

Thanks so much!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alwaysaangel

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes, you can be on as many waitlists as you like, but can only have one acceptance. If you get off a waitlist the schools will tell you your time frame for making up your mind and letting them and your other acceptance know.

USC I don't believe is known to give much aid, but hopefully someone who goes there can give you more info.

4. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man

Resident [Any Field]
    Just to reiterate what angel said, it's against AMCAS 'traffic rules' for you to be holding more than one acceptance after May 15. However, you can remain on the waitlists. If any school is going to offer you an acceptance, they have to notify you and the school where you are currently holding an acceptance.

5. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!

is it "legal" on sdn to have so many threads about the same thing at the same time?

6. Dakota

Dakota Senior Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    My financial aid package from USC was "here are your federal loans, and one or two other loans, best of luck finding loans to cover the rest." That's half the reason I'm at NYU now.