some questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambo45

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a student at one of the top 25 universities in the nation. I transferred from a community college, where I had a GPA of 4.0. However, in the school that I'm going to right now, I only have a GPA of 2.98, with GPA in Biology of 2.25 (my major). I met my advisor(not my pre-med advisor) today, and he tells me that medical schools will only look at my current university GPA and how I am doing in my major. Is that true??? I calculated my GPA for 4 years, which includes classes that I took at the community college, and it comes out to be 3.5. My science GPA is about 3.6. So, my question is, will they include classes that I took at the community college to calculate my final GPA?
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

rambo45

Hey man, I'm not downing your advisor, but when you send in your application to AACOMAS, they want to know all your grades from every institution you attended.

I was recently accepted to Med School and I promise you it does not matter (to some extent) where you go to undergrad. Naturally some ungrad names carry some weight because of the school's history or prestige, but the most important thing is how much academic info you know.

I attended a community college for 2 years prior to attending a senior college and I learned the same amount of stuff at both schools. I also attended two SEC schools for summer classes and I can honestly say they are no different from the smaller schools academically (from my experience of course).

Actually, I found that the smaller classes at the CC were more conducive to learning and that was one of the biggest difference when I transferred.

So, in conclusion, who cares where you go to undergrad because the application service refigures your GPA according to their standards based on grades and hours, NOT where the classes where taken.

One question, one forum.
Thanks