Some schools late in sending secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

It seems like half of the schools haven't started sending them out yet. Is this correct or am I intentionally left out.

Members don't see this ad.

Are those the schools that pre-screen secondaries?

I submitted 7/7, verified 7/19 and the only secondaries I've received are from non-screeners, while zero pre-screeners have sent me one.

it seems like schools are a lot slower this year than last year. my amcas was verified on july 16 and i've only gotten 4 secondaries out of a possible 20 so far. last year (when i applied the first time, heh) the secondaries came in a lot quicker.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten a couple from schools that screen (UMich, UPitt, UWisc).

I've gotten most of my secondaries, but there are still a few outstanding that seem slow.

Do the schools that screen let you know, if you've been screened out?

i hear some schools are making their move Aug. 2 (monday).

LSUTiger18 said:
i hear some schools are making their move Aug. 2 (monday).

As an applicant who's applying to 40 schools, I can say this: The secondary dates can essentially be put into two piles (more or less);
You have the schools that send out their secondaries at the beginning of July and then there are schools that send out their secondaries at the beginning of August.

I say this because I have not received a single additional secondary since last Saturday (it's been 6 days). This is the longest lull time since the beginning of "secondary season."

Just my two cents. Your thoughts?

Jason

40 schools? You are a sick person. But I admire that.

Jason110 said:
As an applicant who's applying to 40 schools, I can say this: The secondary dates can essentially be put into two piles (more or less);
You have the schools that send out their secondaries at the beginning of July and then there are schools that send out their secondaries at the beginning of August.

I say this because I have not received a single additional secondary since last Saturday (it's been 6 days). This is the longest lull time since the beginning of "secondary season."

Just my two cents. Your thoughts?

Jason

I've made the same observation. Have you noticed that you check your email more often now?

I know from the last year that UCLA sends out secondaries very late as they are still working on this year entering class :eek:

I've already received 15 secondaries out of the 34 schools I'm applying to. (I submitted my amcas to 22 schools on 6/25 and added 12 more on 7/24). These include schools that screen, but I'm ultra fursutrated that I haven't yet received one from UC Davis (or UCLA and UCSF). . .anyone in the same boat? I did receive a secondary from UCSD though. Also, has anyone tried requesting a secondary from a school that screens?

Thanks!