Some Urgent Advice Needed!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzywuz

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey alll,

I'll be doing the June 13th test.

So far, I've been taking an AAMC every day. I've done AAMC 6, 3, 4, 5 (in that order).

The scores are: 29, 30, 28, 29. The only problem I have is with VERBAL. I can't finish the section on time. It's strange that when I do verbal passages (EK and Kaplan) on paper, I can get through it with no trouble. I can comprehend everything and finish with sufficient time. However, I seem to have trouble only because I"m reading it on the screen....

I've been scoring 10 or above for my sciences. I'm just concerned about verbal.

Any last minute tips? I'm going to keep doing time verbal passages, but is there something extra that I can do to help?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

My verbal was horrible. I was never able to finish on time. Then, one day, I decided to go faster. Just read faster, answer questions faster, etc. If I wasn't completely sure of an answer, I mark it and keep going. It's worked!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I'm a very paranoid person lol.

I don't know if I can do that on test day. I'll definitely give that a shot!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but I'm a very paranoid person lol.

I don't know if I can do that on test day. I'll definitely give that a shot!
How much do you want to bet that you'll go even faster on test day because of paranoia! You're going to be scared of not finishing, so you'll speed up even more :thumbup: And, if there's a question that's a paragraph long (one of those new info questions), skip it! Skip it entirely! Come back to it later! Those can take 2 mins to finish. In those 2 mins, you could have read a whole other passage!