somebody help me

tm26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
iam in us since 3 years not able to take usmle bcoz of family matters.iam a FMG, is their any other way other than taking mle to live a docter life.i hate to take exams rather iam fed up of life.please help me in any way.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if I can help at all, but here is my input since you asked.

There are no short cuts to being a doctor here...you have to take the exams necessary. I don't know why family matters would keep you from taking the usmle, but it would be a good goal to not let family stand in the way.

As for a doctors life, if you mean is there any way for you to make as much money...the answer is yes. In fact, there are careers where you can make more....but they all involve more school and/or exams.

If you are only one step away from being a doctor here by taking the usmle....and you want to be a doctor, then that is what you should do and you should find a way of making it happen.

Life can be wonderful though even if it doesn't turn out the way you think it should. Not everyone is a doctor or makes alot of money....but neither of those things guarantees happiness.

Good luck...
Wifty aka Rebecca

hi
thanks for ur advice.
if my husband only keeps me from taking the exams what should i do.
is their any other work that i can do with out taking usmle and still working as a docter.
if i were in india, i could work as a docter in nursing homes.
so what do i do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bain JI, Yeh Bharat nahi hai!

Here if you want to be a doctor you have to pay your dues, and no where in the entire US they will let you give a patient an injection,even if you know how unless you have the proper license. Degree's are only secondary to licenses. With a license to practice is the only way to be a physician. I mean, if you don't care about the M.D. you can work in a hospital environment such as a nursing home, or assistant. Also, it's your life and this is America your husband should not interfere in your career goals. You should take the USMLE and hope for the best. You have spent a lot of time becoming a physician and you should not give up or this could haunt you for the rest of your life. Good luck. :mad:

I would suggest improving your English, from your posts I see alot of grammatical mistakes and good English skills are key in doing well on the USMLE from my understanding.

tm26,

Thanks for your post; however, you may find a larger quantity of quality advice from others who are actively involved in the process of becoming a physician -- so, I have moved this topic to the "Everyone" forum.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Oh, in the US, we are pretty protective of the right to practice medicine for quality of care, ethical and medico-legal reasons. I'm afraid you will find any modicum of a short cut. In fact, I would proffer that you'll find that there are extra steps for a foreign trained physician to go through...but, it has been done by many and is therefore "do-able".