Someone just gave me....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beau Geste

yah mo b there
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A kind friend gave me her copy of Kaplan's 2005 Comprehensive review (with CD-ROM), and I was wondering if any of you used this to prepare for the MCAT, and how helpful was it to you?

While it was nice of my friend to donate this (She never took the MCAT), I don't want to waste time with materials that may not be very good.

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Megboo said:
A kind friend gave me her copy of Kaplan's 2005 Comprehensive review (with CD-ROM), and I was wondering if any of you used this to prepare for the MCAT, and how helpful was it to you?

While it was nice of my friend to donate this (She never took the MCAT), I don't want to waste time with materials that may not be very good.

THANKS!

that book = the same notes you get in the $1,000+ Kaplan MCAT course. You just dont have the access to the practice materials people who take the course do but you have nearly identical notes. You just have them all in one book instead of a seperate book for Physical Sciences, Bio Sciences, and Verbal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Megboo said:

THANKS!

IMO the book is way too in-depth. It doesn't have any practice questions to reinforce the material or emphasize key points while you are reviewing it. I think there are much better resources out there that won't take up as much time and will be much more helpful in the end. That level of minutiae will never be tested on the MCAT.