someone pleaaaaaaaaaaase help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sisisi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
some one PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE tell me how to rank these.. this is my order so far.. i live in toronto canada and want to be close to hime AND in an img friendly program

1) william beaumont, troy, MI
2)st john, MI
3) genesys, MI
4) MSU/sparrow, MI
5) UMASS (fitchburg), MS
6)Medical college wisconsin (st joe
7) stamford/columbia, CT

Members don't see this ad.

First off, your post is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyy annoying. It's amazing you have made it so far in life while obviously unable to make decisions without FREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAKKKKKKKKKING out. Second, you fail to even mention which residency you are applying to, so how could anyone offer you meaningful advice. Additionally, you should really post this (in a more reasonable fashion) in the relevant specialty forum.

some one PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE tell me how to rank these.. this is my order so far.. i live in toronto canada and want to be close to hime AND in an img friendly program

1) william beaumont, troy, MI
2)st john, MI
3) genesys, MI
4) MSU/sparrow, MI
5) UMASS (fitchburg), MS
6)Medical college wisconsin (st joe
7) stamford/columbia, CT

If you interviewed at these places, doesnt that entail that they are IMG friendly?

You didnt tell us what specialty youre applying to.... allthough wagy seems to have figured that out.

I think UMass in Fitchburg (MA, not MS) only has an FM residency.
http://www.umassmed.edu/Content.aspx?id=77588&linkidentifier=id&itemid=77588 is their residents page and there seem to plenty of FMG/IMG.
The people I knew who rotated there as MSs very much liked it and a few of the people in and around my class went there for residency. I would imagine the inpatient rotations done at the flagship in Worcester would be high quality as it's a good hospital system. Google maps puts it ~8.5 hrs from Toronto. UMass also has branches of their FM programs in Worcester and their rural track is in Barre (a little west of there).

they are all family medicine! how would u rank them?

they are all family medicine! how would u rank them?

It's family practice. Pick a program you'll be happy at for the next three years; if that means being close to home then google/mapquest the distance of each program. Pick the closest.

right but would u rank beaumont or st john as number one????

St. John in Warren??? Their IM program certainly didn't even make it close to #1 on my list. But my criteria may very well be (and judging that you want to rank them #1 likely IS) very different than yours. Rank as you wish. It's YOUR rank list.

I think if you listen to someone else's advice about how to order your rank list, you run the risk of being extremely unhappy. I know it can be hard to reflect after a busy interview season, but your subjective opinion on how you felt you would fit at these places is the only thing that really matters here. Go back over any notes you made during your interviews and do some soul-searching about how you felt about each place. Painful but necessary.

Eh. I had a thought, but not worth expressing it. Agree with RS - this is your rank list. And as I said above, my criteria are likely very very different than yours. I would not be happy in Warren.

Certainly didn't mean that as a criticism of your advice, ShyRem.

thanks guys but i felt exactly the same during both ivs.. could see myself in both prgrams....
that;s what makes this so hard.. anymore input

In that case, buy a dartboard and toss some darts to make your decision, or use the change from buying the dartboard to flip a coin. The good news is it sounds like you'd be very happy at more than one place, which is always a nice problem to have. I've had a pretty hard time deciding between my top 5 myself, but at least that means I'm basically guaranteed to be happy.