someone please yell at me....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bill_Brasky

To Bill Brasky!!!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay y'all. I have a neuro test monday (2nd year) that I can't buckle down for. I love neuro and am seriously thinking about it as a career, but I am so burned out at this point that I feel like vomiting every time I look at my study materials. Someone please give me a good flame and tell me to get my ass back to work....thank you.

1....2....3....Flame!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay y'all. I have a neuro test monday (2nd year) that I can't buckle down for. I love neuro and am seriously thinking about it as a career, but I am so burned out at this point that I feel like vomiting every time I look at my study materials. Someone please give me a good flame and tell me to get my ass back to work....thank you.

1....2....3....Flame!

As a neuro major, I say, get drunk. Neuro is best studied when your neurons are tipsy.

Bill,

I totally understand where you are coming from. We have been in school full-time since mid-July. I have to keep reassuring myself that it's only two more weeks till Spring Break. Although I must admit that I will be pretty much locking myself inside trying to hit board study hard. I just keep telling myself that I am going to have a great break (forgetting about boards for the moment) & that usually can spur me on for a little longer.

Good luck w/ Neuro. I can't decide whether I would rather be doing that or studying for Renal **slaps in face** Nevermind, I would much rather be studying for Neuro since Renal is the spawn of Beezelbub himself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bill,

I think at least 50% of my class (UNECOM) feels just like you do! You are not alone. I have a GI exam Friday and I've been watching TV for 2 days straight, WTF? I actually did a little yesterday- but for the most part I have a REAL hard time getting motivated at all. I think like you said, after 2 years of this our brains are tired of the binge and purge lifestyle.

Usually.... what I do to finally get motivated is think about why I'm here and all the sacrifices it took to get here. (Far away from family and life as I knew it). I think about my mom who will be so proud to have me as the first doc in the family. Sometimes I admit my motivation is thinking about the day I can look into the eyes of a drug rep and ask them "Seroiusly, does Mrs Smith's blood pressure pill cost directly link to these 10 cheap looking mugs you just dropped off at the front desk" Because if so, "Shove them!"
I take delight in the thought that our voices will matter a little more once we have some initials behind our names.

Anyway, just do your best. Think of what brought you to this place. At this late point... I would pick the big boys like Alzheimers, stroke, Parkinsons and dyskinesias... you know, whatever they dedicated lots of lecture time to and focus on that stuff w/ assoc drugs if those are on the test. Any radiology you can squeeze in might help too. Usually at my school you can pick up some easy points with radiology. But our lecturers always have favorites- like our neuro system was like an Alzheimers and stroke fest- these were big point getters.

Anyway, blah blah blah, you know what you have to do. You still deserve to be here and you will come out the other end either way. You don't have to ace every test. Sometimes good enough to pass IS GOOD ENOUGH.

Good luck,
Mo :D

ive got a neuro test on monday too, actually its the final...since im a first year..im not as burned out ...gluck on ur test...u better rock it or i'll slap u :)

NYCOM also has a Neuro exam Monday! I guess they like to torture all of us with this at once!

Take a deep breath. And realize you just have to do it. Then, as you work thru the material, don't rush, take your time and really absorb the information.

You'll be okay.

1....2....3....Flame!

It'd kind of look bad if you wanted to be a neurologist or neurosurgeon and you failed neuro. Get to studying!!!! Neuro is a tough class. Good luck.

From Matt Groenig's early works....

The magazine was called 'The Lonely Tyrant' and it was listed as 'the magazine for abusive bosses who's employees hate their guts'....the
motto....'Get Back to Work, You'.....

Surprisingly, the character on the cover looked like Homer with big ears.....

Yeah, we had a one week course in pharmacokinetics/dynamics with one exam...the exam was the friday before spring break started.....and that
was right after the final in GI......it hurt.....

1....2....3....Flame!

Speaking of Neuro...I have one this comming up Tuesday!!!

How about a fun question?

A patient has an infarct of the anterior spinal artery. You did a physical examinantion and see that patient no longer has any sense of crude touch, temperature, or pain. What sensory system did this patient just have a very good chance of damaging?

just ask yourself: do you want to be a doctor like dr. pepper is a doctor, or do you want to be a REAL DOCTOR?

We have a neuro exam on Monday here at VCOM too!! The world must be against all of us. Good luck studying, I am having trouble getting motivated too.

Speaking of Neuro...I have one this comming up Tuesday!!!

How about a fun question?

A patient has an infarct of the anterior spinal artery. You did a physical examinantion and see that patient no longer has any sense of crude touch, temperature, or pain. What sensory system did this patient just have a very good chance of damaging?

Oh, come on, are we talking Neuro I or Neuro II? That seems more like a
neuro I question......

How about this...

Your patient has suffered a gunshot wound to the anterolateral aspect of the neck ascending at a 45 degree angle to exit the skull superior to the occipital protuberance. Name the structures, in order, that the bullet must pass through on this course.....

1....2....3....Flame!

Motivation...well, let's see. How about: "You're never more than one test away from failing out of medical school?" And, the later you do, the bigger the student loan you'll have to pay off without the benefit of that doctor's salary.