someone quickly proofread this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstuddude

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also, is this good enough answer for "Have you gotten any traffic infraction?"

Yes.

About two years ago, I got a speeding ticket for driving past the speed limit on freeway. Consequently, I had to pay a fine and attend a traffic school. I learned from this past mistake and will do my best to not let it happen again.

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

About two years ago, I got a speeding ticket for driving pass the speed limit on freeway. Consequently, I had to pay a fine and attend a traffic school. I learned from this past mistake and will do my best not to do it again.

Thank you for your help.

Hmm!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got to say, I don't like the apologetic nature of "I...will do my best not to let it happen again." Also, there's no need to explain what getting a speeding ticket means (e.g. "for driving past the speed limit"). Everyone speeds at one time or another, most people will get caught at least one time during their lives. I just don't think it warrants this much attention. If you really feel the need to explain it I would simply say "This was my first ticket and I have not received one since."

oh well. I am still a stud so... :oops:

I've got to say, I don't like the apologetic nature of "I...will do my best not to let it happen again." Also, there's no need to explain what getting a speeding ticket means (e.g. "for driving past the speed limit"). Everyone speeds at one time or another, most people will get caught at least one time during their lives. I just don't think it warrants this much attention. If you really feel the need to explain it I would simply say "This was my first ticket and I have not received one since."

so what do I sayu?

Yes.

About two years ago, I got a speeding ticket for driving past the speed limit on freeway. Consequently, I had to pay a fine and attend a traffic school. I learned from this past mistake and will do my best to not let it happen again.

Thank you for your help.

If you got some balls, you could just say, "yeah, who hasn't?"

so what do I sayu?
Whatever you think, but my version would go something like this:

Yes, I received a speeding ticket on August 4th, 2001. This was my first first moving violation and I have not received one since. Or, maybe "This was my first moving violation in the past xx years; I have not received one since."

Don't try to hard :laugh:

I hope I don't have to explain that, soon

Yes.

Thank you for your help.

One can assume you did your best when you were speeding.

who is asking for traffic violation records? is this a secondary?

They are probably just seeing if you are a liar or not. I don't know too many people (but there are a few...) who have not had one sort of run in with the highway patrol.