shaaka

15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
Status
I passed my part 2 in AUG 2003 and got a score of 82,then in July of 2007 I reappeared for my part 1 and got a score of 86.My question is will both part 1 and 2 scores appear on my score report or is my part 2 score already expired?
The reason I am asking this is because in the score report that I got from ADA after passing my part 1 only the part 1 score appeared and not the part 2.
Please help and put my mind at ease.

BigSmiles

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 25, 2008
Status
Dentist
The scores are only valid for 5 years and after the 5 years are up they expire and you will have to retake. That is probably why only your Part I score was showing.
You can call ADA and confirm.

incision

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2008
Status
Dentist
dear shaaka

i was abt to give u the same info as BigSmiles......try callin ada...

I passed my part 2 in AUG 2003 and got a score of 82,then in July of 2007 I reappeared for my part 1 and got a score of 86.My question is will both part 1 and 2 scores appear on my score report or is my part 2 score already expired?
The reason I am asking this is because in the score report that I got from ADA after passing my part 1 only the part 1 score appeared and not the part 2.

About the Ads

shaaka

15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
Status
Thanks for the replies.But the time I got my score in 2007 it was only 4 years wasnt it? Is it there on ADA site anywhere about when the scores validity expire?

Kal ka dentist

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student

But !
You mentioned July 2007. Have some questions ???
Did you get a score card in July 2007 mentioning only part 1 score?
if yes then Did you call them that time ?
When did ( date ) you write your part 1 before August 2003 ?

Kal ka dentist

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
But !
You mentioned July 2007. Have some questions ???
Did you get a score card in July 2007 mentioning only part 1 score?
if yes then Did you call them that time ?
When did ( date ) you write your part 1 before August 2003 ?
I think it is old and new format issue. .. just guessing ( as previous part 1 and 2 are taken before 2006.. old exams format... )

ADA is the best source to resolve the issue.:thumbup:

shaaka

15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
Status
I first apperaed for my part 1 in jul 2002,part 2 in 2003.In 2003 I got a score report mentioning both part 1 and 2.Since then I retook part 1 in 2007and the report I got in 2007 only mentions part 1 score.No at that time I didnt call ADA thought they were just sending the result of my test.Thanks for everyones time in reading and replying.

Kal ka dentist

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I first apperaed for my part 1 in jul 2002,part 2 in 2003.In 2003 I got a score report mentioning both part 1 and 2.Since then I retook part 1 in 2007and the report I got in 2007 only mentions part 1 score.No at that time I didnt call ADA thought they were just sending the result of my test.Thanks for everyones time in reading and replying.

Great!
Now you provided the crystal clear scenario.
I feel it is better you start preparing part 2 if you want to pursue as both, part 1 2002 and part2, July 2003 have altready been expired as on July 2008.

shaaka

15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2005
Status
It may be useful for others also who might retake part 1 after their part 2,I called ADA they said scores never expire.They also said my new part 1 and the same part 2 score will appear on the score sheet that will be sent to universities.However how long the scores are valid for each university might be different.

Kal ka dentist

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
It may be useful for others also who might retake part 1 after their part 2,I called ADA they said scores never expire.They also said my new part 1 and the same part 2 score will appear on the score sheet that will be sent to universities.However how long the scores are valid for each university might be different.

Thanks for your input ( query ) and output ( conclusion ). It is good that you got a valid and authentic response from ADA and also enriched us.

So score will be considered valid or stale will merely depends upon individual universities admission policy/requirements.

Best wishes !:thumbup:

fr.

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Non-Student
I was woried a bout that saying of 5 years Validity for the part 1&2, that i went on calling the ADA ,.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The answer was No expiration for the tesst results from their side .....that all depends on the dental school acceptance criteria....

so there was no 5 years policy:xf:

About the Ads