Someone who knows the info please reply and help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaaka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I passed my part 2 in AUG 2003 and got a score of 82,then in July of 2007 I reappeared for my part 1 and got a score of 86.My question is will both part 1 and 2 scores appear on my score report or is my part 2 score already expired?
The reason I am asking this is because in the score report that I got from ADA after passing my part 1 only the part 1 score appeared and not the part 2.
Please help and put my mind at ease.

Members don't see this ad.

The scores are only valid for 5 years and after the 5 years are up they expire and you will have to retake. That is probably why only your Part I score was showing.
You can call ADA and confirm.

dear shaaka

i was abt to give u the same info as BigSmiles......try callin ada...

I passed my part 2 in AUG 2003 and got a score of 82,then in July of 2007 I reappeared for my part 1 and got a score of 86.My question is will both part 1 and 2 scores appear on my score report or is my part 2 score already expired?
The reason I am asking this is because in the score report that I got from ADA after passing my part 1 only the part 1 score appeared and not the part 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies.But the time I got my score in 2007 it was only 4 years wasnt it? Is it there on ADA site anywhere about when the scores validity expire?

But !
You mentioned July 2007. Have some questions ???
Did you get a score card in July 2007 mentioning only part 1 score?
if yes then Did you call them that time ?
When did ( date ) you write your part 1 before August 2003 ?

But !
You mentioned July 2007. Have some questions ???
Did you get a score card in July 2007 mentioning only part 1 score?
if yes then Did you call them that time ?
When did ( date ) you write your part 1 before August 2003 ?
I think it is old and new format issue. .. just guessing ( as previous part 1 and 2 are taken before 2006.. old exams format... )

ADA is the best source to resolve the issue.:thumbup:

I first apperaed for my part 1 in jul 2002,part 2 in 2003.In 2003 I got a score report mentioning both part 1 and 2.Since then I retook part 1 in 2007and the report I got in 2007 only mentions part 1 score.No at that time I didnt call ADA thought they were just sending the result of my test.Thanks for everyones time in reading and replying.

I first apperaed for my part 1 in jul 2002,part 2 in 2003.In 2003 I got a score report mentioning both part 1 and 2.Since then I retook part 1 in 2007and the report I got in 2007 only mentions part 1 score.No at that time I didnt call ADA thought they were just sending the result of my test.Thanks for everyones time in reading and replying.

Great!
Now you provided the crystal clear scenario.
I feel it is better you start preparing part 2 if you want to pursue as both, part 1 2002 and part2, July 2003 have altready been expired as on July 2008.

It may be useful for others also who might retake part 1 after their part 2,I called ADA they said scores never expire.They also said my new part 1 and the same part 2 score will appear on the score sheet that will be sent to universities.However how long the scores are valid for each university might be different.

thanks for posting the information shaaka.

It may be useful for others also who might retake part 1 after their part 2,I called ADA they said scores never expire.They also said my new part 1 and the same part 2 score will appear on the score sheet that will be sent to universities.However how long the scores are valid for each university might be different.

Thanks for your input ( query ) and output ( conclusion ). It is good that you got a valid and authentic response from ADA and also enriched us.

So score will be considered valid or stale will merely depends upon individual universities admission policy/requirements.

Best wishes !:thumbup:

I was woried a bout that saying of 5 years Validity for the part 1&2, that i went on calling the ADA ,.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The answer was No expiration for the tesst results from their side .....that all depends on the dental school acceptance criteria....

so there was no 5 years policy:xf: