Something different..... just for fun

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhillstr

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd do something different and ask everyone what their favorite music groups/artists/whatever is.
Just for a change of pace.

Members don't see this ad.

It's all about Oasis!

Good change of pace...my favorite group is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I never really listened to their music before last summer. Then I bought their greatest hits cd and listened to it constantly. Their cds are the only cds that I can listen to all the way through without getting bored!
Dana

Members don't see this ad :)
Your right, you cant go wrong with the Beasties.

I guess I'll show my age...Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Cure and most anything techno. MUSIC was truly created in the late-60s and early-70s. Thank God, disco is dead!!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Damn, Dave, you really are old!
smile.gif

Of course you can't really go wrong with any of your faves, but you forgot two of mine: AC/DC and ZZ Top.

I love the oldies, especially the Beatles. Along with good ole rock from the 80's.

DocGibby

80's music is good, especially U2.

I forgot to answer it myself.
I enjoy The Dave Matthews Band and of course the B-Boys!

The best groups are nirvana and offspring.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nuetral Milk Hotel, the Rachels, Retsin, my new thing is Stereolab, Everything But the Girl and the Radar Brothers. Anything on the radio in KC is God awful, so you gotta listen to CD's.
Sonic Youth is always good to mix things up.

Agreeing with Ewagner. One of the downfalls of going to school in KC would be the fact that you had to listen to middle school pop all day long on the radio.

[This message has been edited by carmstrong (edited October 07, 1999).]

I'll have to second the offspring

Sarah M., TLC, and Tim McGraw (nice combo, huh??) (I guess that makes me well rounded, ha ha ha)

Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lauryn Hill, Lupe Fiasco, & Justin Timberlake

Ac/dc, led zep, beatles, Gun n roses, bon jovi, journey, anything really thats catchy

The National, Radiohead, John Butler Trio, Bon Iver, Frightened Rabbit, The Flaming Lips, John Frusciante...If you haven't heard of any of these artists/bands check them out.

Haha, I just realized this thread was started in 1999, good times. It is still a good topic though.

The National, Radiohead, John Butler Trio, Bon Iver, Frightened Rabbit, The Flaming Lips, John Frusciante...If you haven't heard of any of these artists/bands check them out.

Nice!

For me: Radiohead, Incubus, Flaming Lips, Phish, Royksopp, Bjork, Dizzy Gillespie, A Perfect Circle, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Hendrix, Andrew Bird, Sufjan Stevens, Stateless, Basement Jaxx, Broken Bells....the list really is endless!

Haha, seriously epic thread res.

Nice!

For me: Radiohead, Incubus, Flaming Lips, Phish, Royksopp, Bjork, Dizzy Gillespie, A Perfect Circle, Led Zeppelin, Doors, Hendrix, Andrew Bird, Sufjan Stevens, Stateless, Basement Jaxx, Broken Bells....the list really is endless!

Haha, seriously epic thread res.

Nice list as well, Broken Bells is good some good stuff. I am a big fan of everything Danger Mouse puts together. Have you heard his new compilation (Rome). If you like Broken Bells, you should check it out.

band of horses, the kooks, mgmt, lupe fiasco. nuff said

Justin beiber, christina aguilera, taylor swift. :cool:

I joke... :laugh:

Basically anything except country. I can't stand it.

By the way... isn't it weird to think that the people who started this thread are probably now practicing physicians? That's so cool!

It all depends on the mood I'm in. Chicago and Train to relax. Metallica (OLD) and Rob Zombie to workout to.

band of horses, the kooks, mgmt, lupe fiasco. nuff said

Big fan of MGMT. I saw them in concert in kansas city...it changed my life. I really should see them again.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, ZZ top (saw them and skynrd a few weeks ago!), AC/DC, Blink 182, Bowling for Soup, Alkaline Trio, and Journey to name a few...

I've got a fever.

Bieber fever.

I've got a fever.

Bieber fever.

You might want to get that looked at, lol.

I already commented but I'll put some specific artists.

Linkin Park (old school), Eminem, Killswitch Engage, Skillet, Paramore, Hinder, AlterBridge, black veil brides, cobra starship, evanescence (old school), trust company, radiohead, incubus, trance/techno, disturbed, brian mcknight, immediate music, globus, etc.

Like I said before, basically a little of everything except country. I also LOVE video game/movie soundtracks!

Status
Not open for further replies.