something I don't understand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm confused. People keep complaining about not being able to search the forum. But I've searched a few times in the past few days, and at least for me the search function is still right where it always was. Am I just special? :p

Members don't see this ad.

tigress said:
Okay, so I'm confused. People keep complaining about not being able to search the forum. But I've searched a few times in the past few days, and at least for me the search function is still right where it always was. Am I just special? :p

Yes, you are tigress. You're an SDN Angel! :)

oh, is that true? bc im an angel and i can search also..

btw, tigress, congrats on drexel! :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I fell through the cracks 'cause I can search and I am a lowly SDN donor.

Oh, wow, now I get it! :thumbup:

thanks jtank. I don't know where all you applied, but I'm rooting for you! :luck:
(I also stopped keeping track of interviews when the threads got gargantuan :p)

Dr.Mom,

Thanks for the explanation, cuz I was wondering about the same thing. I thought it was just that it was being disabled on and off. But now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

That was about as confusing as Arsenic810 never appearing online even when he's online. I think I'm a little slow sometimes. :laugh: :laugh :D

gujuDoc said:
That was about as confusing as Arsenic810 never appearing online even when he's online. I think I'm a little slow sometimes. :laugh: :laugh :D

no i totally noticed that too.........

tigress said:
you need to ask if you're special? of course you're special. :)

Nikki2002 said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's what your avatar makes me say

Kitty in a box, what more could you ask for?

Actually, I love both cats and rats...I'm probably going to start out with a rat for a pet...then move to a cat when I feel I'm responsible enough.

And yes tigress, you are special!

Nikki,

I LOVE YOUR AVATARS!!!!!!!!!11

Members don't see this ad :)
Nikki2002 said:
thanx guju--i love ALL your posts :)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No but seriously, you got some good avatars. I think we should vote you: cutest avatars on our SDN Oscars list.

And Cutest Cat Avatars should go to a nomination between: you, tigress, and hoberto.

Wasn't hoberto's a bunny? Or did she change it? Is my avatar cute or just goofy? Am I asking too many questions? I'm going to donate to SDN? I shall? I shall.

edit: Oh yeah, don't forget DownOnThePharm

Turkeyman said:
That's what your avatar makes me say

Kitty in a box, what more could you ask for?

Actually, I love both cats and rats...I'm probably going to start out with a rat for a pet...then move to a cat when I feel I'm responsible enough.

And yes tigress, you are special!

rats are cute, i pet them at work....but cats are best...mice are also cute, but they run away from everything

Turkeyman said:
Wasn't hoberto's a bunny? Or did she change it? Is my avatar cute or just goofy? Am I asking too many questions? I'm going to donate to SDN? I shall? I shall.

edit: Oh yeah, don't forget DownOnThePharm

Oh maybe it was. I thought it was a cat, but maybe I need to take a closer look. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Either way, bunnies are cute too. :D :D :D

You can probably tell, I love the fusby sort of pets. :laugh: :p

C.P. Jones said:
rats are cute, i pet them at work....but cats are best...mice are also cute, but they run away from everything

mice don't scare me but rats kinda creep me out--i've never seen one up close--maybe i should go talk to my biopsych prof about a lil field trip to her lab

C.P. Jones said:

Agreed with the bolded section!!!!!!!!!

my friend has a pet rat for some strange reason, and its very hideous, and always tries to bite my finger off. get a white rat, they are cute.

jtank said:
my friend has a pet rat for some strange reason, and its very hideous, and always tries to bite my finger off. get a white rat, they are cute.
After working in a pet store for a year, I have to disagree. white rats...or white anything really (rats/mice/ferrets/hampsters) all suck! They are all evil and bite. Rats rock because they can be trained and will wrap their tail around your arm..its kinda cool

I thought Hoberto has a Chinchilla, a rabbity-squirrely-cattish thing. They have super-soft fur and roll around in dust baths to stay clean.

Flying Squirrels are pretty cool (we just got a Southern one). As are Hedgehogs, though not as "pet-able."

oh yeah chinchillas are sort of cool. But also sort of boring. I like animals you can interact with more, like cats and dogs and elephants

also rats are very cool and smart but I don't like their tails. And Turkeyman, I got this image of you getting a rat and then later on getting a cat and then the cat would chase the rat and eat it. yum

btw it's nice to know I'm special. I had a class in 4th grade called "I'm Special" (no kidding) so I guess I sort of already knew that.

;)

Dajimmers..........now I'm even more confused what Hoberto's pet is. :laugh: :laugh:

Tigress,

I'm with you. I like things like cats more then rodents. Rodents creep me out, even though I used to do research with them.

The coolest thing I saw recently, related to cats, is when I was at Busch Gardens. They have this area built for wild animal rehabilitation that they seperate with a special glass, so the animals can't attack you. Anyhow, you go through this cave and observe the lions and tigers that are in the open fields on the other side.

The coolest part of all this was that there was this giant female lion or tiger in the back of a pick up truck, such that the only thing really seperating us was the glass between us. We got to take a close up pic of the cat and while it was sleeping. I think it was a lion, but it might have been a tiger. I forget now.

Nikki2002 said:
mice don't scare me but rats kinda creep me out--i've never seen one up close--maybe i should go talk to my biopsych prof about a lil field trip to her lab

i thought the rats were creepy at first, esp. w/ their red eyes, but they've grown on me, now i wubs them.....i doubt they feel the same way when they see me though :)

and as for the "white"...i was told to watch out for the white mice b/c they are very active and bite....the rats haven't done anything to me though, but they've got quite the grip....one rapped itself around me the other day when i went to put him in his cage, it was cute awwww, he feared for his life

gujuDoc said:
Dajimmers..........now I'm even more confused what Hoberto's pet is. :laugh: :laugh:

Tigress,

I'm with you. I like things like cats more then rodents. Rodents creep me out, even though I used to do research with them.

The coolest thing I saw recently, related to cats, is when I was at Busch Gardens. They have this area built for wild animal rehabilitation that they seperate with a special glass, so the animals can't attack you. Anyhow, you go through this cave and observe the lions and tigers that are in the open fields on the other side.

The coolest part of all this was that there was this giant female lion or tiger in the back of a pick up truck, such that the only thing really seperating us was the glass between us. We got to take a close up pic of the cat and while it was sleeping. I think it was a lion, but it might have been a tiger. I forget now.

tigers are the coolest, bestest ever animal...my favorite of all. my roommate, who is going to be a vet, he actually liked lions best, so that was funny at times (not that we would actually not like the other animal)...except i hated on discovery channel when they did the "animal fighting" show, and they had the lion beat the tiger b/c "the tiger couldn't find the lions neck in it's mane"....yea, right....my roommate doubted it too :)

Hahahah I love this thread. So hoberto's was a chinchilla then?

I've always loved the white rats with the red eyes...so cool. That's probably the one I'm getting right when I start medical school(whenever that may be!). The ones I've worked with in the lab are always cool with me...very sociable animals. The pet store I visit every so often only has the smaller rats though...I want the giant ones that can rival the size of a kitten/juvenile cat.

Hahaha @ Tigress, what a crazy name for a class. Social Studies, Math, English, Recess, I'M SPECIAL, Reading, Spelling, go home. Awesome schedule!

Overall, my favorite animals are any type of feline(tiger > lion!). I also(as you may guess) have this special love for large birds of all types. The ones that can barely fly...like chickens, turkeys, ostritches, emus, etc. Manatees are also cool. Oh my, I'd better stop now before I name every single animal. But yeah, rats are cool. That concludes my personal statement.

Edit: Oh yeah...does anyone know how a rat would work with a medical student? I've heard cats work exceptionally well even if you don't give them all the attention in the world. I wouldn't want to have an animal that requires a lot of attention and not do so because I'd be in the library all day :( .