SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Something just occurred to me...

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by CremasterFlash, Mar 3, 2007.

1. CremasterFlash

CremasterFlash Born yesterday. 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2006
    The Mothership.
    I took a class in undergrad as ungraded, meaning that the grade did not contribute to my GPA (French III if memory serves). Like P/F except that it was S/Cr/NC meaning Satisfactory, Credit and No Credit.

I received an NC due to being an idiot who essentially stopped going to class after the second week. How does this get counted by AMCAS? When I apply will I have to put an F in my grading calculation?

So far I'm really doing well in my post-bacc and should be able to drag my 3.2 undergrad to something closer to a 3.5 or so. An F would really not help.

Any knowledge of how the AMCAS common app handles this sort of thing?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Nomemory

Nomemory Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2001
    AMCAS counts everything and that will be counted as an "F". I'd check their website to be certain.

4. oldpro

oldpro MS IV 5+ Year Member

Oh I see they did fail, yeah it's an F.

5. southpawcannon

southpawcannon 7+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2006
    What about IP(in-progress)? Say you left a program in which you took a course during the first summer that would continue the following summer, in which the goal was to do some sort of project before the end of the second year?

6. gotmeds?

gotmeds? 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    No they don't. Pass/Fail classes are listed in the "Supplemental Hours" category and not counted toward your GPA. It would be a little unfair to count your failed classes against you and not give you any credit for the ones you passed.

7. CremasterFlash

CremasterFlash Born yesterday. 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2006
    The Mothership.
    i was thinking about that last night, thanks for the clarification. glad i wasn't filling out my AMCAS on the basis of the earlier advice.