Something to think about with AMCAS processing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsnuka

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my schools mailed the transcript to AMCAS on 6/21/06. I just received the email receipt from AMCAS today that they received it on 6/27/06. I take it that the rainstorm really messed them up and that they date stamp what they receive, when they receive regardless of when it is actually processed.

I know this may not be that helpful to most, but if anyone else is wondering what the holdup is with processing, there you go.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a transcript sent overnight by one of my schools on June 18, and it has still not been received. This is atrocious service for the insane amount of money we have to pay.

junebuguf said:
I had a transcript sent overnight by one of my schools on June 18, and it has still not been received. This is atrocious service for the insane amount of money we have to pay.

i've sent mine on june 1st and it was received 14 days after.. from CT to DC(what the hell??)
i had to send the updated version on june 22.. still not received..
hopefully it will be there in a couple of days.

Members don't see this ad :)
junebuguf said:

I hear you. I was calling my school and irritating them when they had confirmed to me that it was already sent out. The problem is with AMCAS and I can only hope that it is because of the rainstorm and not something else.

can you send transcripts without having submitted amcas already?

DaBeav said:
can you send transcripts without having submitted amcas already?

Totally! I had mine sent in this May--your school sends them with that special transcript form you print, so AAMC knows that it is coming from your AMCAS ID#.

I submitted on 6/19 and was verified on 6/23. They obviously already had my transcripts. You get an email when your transcripts hit.