mouseybrown

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
mouse house
Status
Medical Student
i just had my SO visit me this weekend, and now that they're gone its like do i really want to study path right now? sometimes it sucks living so far away.
oh well.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Medical Student
yeah i feel you on studying path...ugh.

it's just temporary--do something that you like to distract yourself for a little while, and then try to go back to studying. you'll probably feel better in the morning.

i can't speak for your SO, but mine is pretty much in awe of how much "torture" i can put myself through. it's all worth it in the end.

Doctorverardoll

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2007
Baltimore
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I'm sorry that it's been rough having the family far away and well path is path.

If it's any consolation, I live close to may family and it can be pretty hard. Or could just be that I feel like Michael on Arrested Development in dealing with them at times. *sigh*

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My family is 3,000 miles away. It is nice seeing them at Christmas. My girl friend, however, is lying on my bed reading a book.

ar2388

rads resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
sometimes its a mixed blessing.. sometimes i find myself wishing i were in a different city jsut to be a little further away from my family...

coldweatherblue

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Status
Medical Student
hope my mum never reads this.. haha, i'm cool being across the country from my family (as much as I love them....) but I really regret these years I'm spending away from my friends. I know a lot of people out here and we have fun but back home is where my boys (and girls) are and I hate being away.... fking sucks having all these numbers my phone that I wanna call and just be like, "hey lets chill...." but no bueno I live 2000 miles away. all this important stuff happens and I'm not there anymore to experience it with them.. sucks.

ya you can make new friends etc.. but if you've known and chilled with a couple hundred people (and like 15 BOYS) for like 20 years and gone through CRAZY times and come out better, wiser for it throughout childhood/adolescence/adulthood/etc that's HOME and you can't replace it.