soon to be med. tech. contemplating on med. school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1337

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, first time posting here. i'm currently in a clinical lab science undergrad program. ugpa is currently 3.3 due to an unguided youth. i didnt immidietely go through the bio/premed route b/c i needed something just incase along the lines i change my mind about med school. however, now i just cant picture myself not being in med school. the main reason being that, as a physician, it offers you so much more responsibility and control (relatively) than a mere med. tech.

now to the heart of my dilemma, letters of recommendations and research. none of my undergrad prof. really remember me so its kind of awkward to pop out of nowhere and ask them for a lor (i've been out of the ug course requirements. i just have to finish the med tech program). in terms of outside lor (i.e. physicians) thats not a problem, since i'll be acquianted with quite a few during the med tech. program, besides i also plan to work for a yr. for a better clinical exposure. however, as far as my undergrad professors, i dont know a good way to get them to write me one.

second is undergrad research. anyone has any tip on getting your foot wet on some research? my biggest problem is that i have little to no research experience, and as far as lab experience goes, its very limited also. any advice would be nice. thnx.

Members don't see this ad.