soooo...just took the big one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Femtochemistry

Skunk Works
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey;

All done and dusted with step numero uno. eh

feel like poo...going to drown my misery with a fine pint of larger.

I studied for about 6 months: first 3 months doing about 5 hours a night, last 3 months did about 10-15 hours a night. I used RR Path and FA 08 and UW. And I have to say, Goljan was money about a lot of things as was UW. Highly recommend using both! My UW assessment taken 3 days prior to the big one was a 214...I have a feeling I undershot by about 20 :/
I am just your average medical student...I wasn't shooting for a 240 but I sure as hell studied as I wanted a 240. If I pass, I would be happy, if I get anywhere near a 220, I will donate $100 to SDN :) MARK MY WORD!

Ask Q if you have any :)

Members don't see this ad.

oh, I had two A/V...which I though was weird since most people got like 4 or so.

Question about the A/V Qs. Where you able to get the answer from the stem or did using the A/V really help answer the Q?

I haven't did any practice Qs regarding these and am starting to get a little worried.

BTW, Congrats on being done! :)

Question about the A/V Qs. Where you able to get the answer from the stem or did using the A/V really help answer the Q?

I haven't did any practice Qs regarding these and am starting to get a little worried.

where can you find practice questions for the audio visual?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only had ONE A/V question. You could not get the answer from the stem, but the answer was EXTREMELY obvious. So painfully obvious, that I thought I surely was missing something, so sat and struggled with it as none of my other questions were so perfectly crystal clear.

For both of the A/V questions, you could easily come up with the answer without listening/watching the video...they are straight forward, i wouldn't get worried about it.

Why would it matter anyways? Am I missing something, or aren't these A/V questions presumed to be experimental (since we're the first ever to get them) and have no bearing on our scores?

Why would it matter anyways? Am I missing something, or aren't these A/V questions presumed to be experimental (since we're the first ever to get them) and have no bearing on our scores?

IDK. Experimental or not. Wouldn't you want to get those questions right if it meant extra points??

IDK. Experimental or not. Wouldn't you want to get those questions right if it meant extra points??

No doubt that I'll try on that question(s), but out of 336 questions, it's definitely the one I'm the least concerned about (since it's more likely than any other to be experimental).

I'm not meaning to bust your balls, I just wanted to make sure the general consensus was that it's likely experimental. I intend on trying on every question, but I've already told myself not to stress over a hard question, because you never really know if it even counts towards your score.

if it were experimental then it wouldn't count towards the score. and you'd be wasting time worrying about these questions, when you should be spending time on questions that count (and get your extra points).

hey;

All done and dusted with step numero uno. eh

feel like poo...going to drown my misery with a fine pint of larger.

I studied for about 6 months: first 3 months doing about 5 hours a night, last 3 months did about 10-15 hours a night. I used RR Path and FA 08 and UW. And I have to say, Goljan was money about a lot of things as was UW. Highly recommend using both! My UW assessment taken 3 days prior to the big one was a 214...I have a feeling I undershot by about 20 :/
I am just your average medical student...I wasn't shooting for a 240 but I sure as hell studied as I wanted a 240. If I pass, I would be happy, if I get anywhere near a 220, I will donate $100 to SDN :) MARK MY WORD!

Ask Q if you have any :)

When you say Goljan and UW were "money" what exactly do you mean? Similar concepts? Same questions?

Hey Femtochemistry - when you say you studied for 6 months was this time for finals at the same time? Just asking because I've been "looking" at USMLE stuff over the last few months but not really been able to properly revise because of OSCE's and semester tests.

As well, did you get a lot of the 'Americas' q's? Like, coccidiodomycosis, lyme disease etc etc that we don't even touch upon in the UK?

Thanks mate!

I was studying during my elective rotation, I had time to cram then. And then go over things a few more times during regular rotation--I had to take a few "sick days" off, if you know what I mean ;)

Last edited: