SOPHAS Corsework Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brie cheese

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently a junior and I might apply to grad schools next year concentrating on health policy.

I read a previous post that SOPHAS takes the most recent grade regarding towards retakes (Though I can't find it anywhere at SOPHAS FAQ that supports the claim). How does it work exactly? My college has freshman forgiveness, which I used for one class, during first quarter of freshman year and ended up with an A+ when I took it the second time. As a result, my second class overrides its grade toward my cum GPA. Basically, I was wondering how that would effect my application process?

I am only worried about my mistake from my first quarter of college.

Before Aut 2010 I will have
A) 3.5+ cum GPA
B) 3 years as a Research Assistant in medical research
C) Legislative Aide Intern for a State Representative
D) Policy Analyst Intern for the State
D) Co-News Editor for an organization writing on issues such as healthcare
E) Probably an extra political internship concentrating on healthcare policies of summer 2010 in D.C.
F) Hospital Volunteer Experience

Thank you very much,
Cheese

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Hi,

I'm currently a junior and I might apply to grad schools next year concentrating on health policy.

SOPHAS pdf instructions states that I must list down all course works. I am curious to know if I am also required to list down what grades I got and whether or not SOPHAS will calcuate my cum. GPA even though the cum GPA will be listed on my official transcript.

Thank you very much,

Mr. Cheese

update:

"Entering U.S. coursework allows SOPHAS to calculate GPAs that schools use in reviewing applications, provides a way for schools to review applications using electronic review forms and also allows for a mechanism to gather aggregate information about prior coursework. SOPHAS uses official transcripts to verify the self-reported coursework. This process significantly expedites the school review process."

i answered my own question.

However, I read a previous post that SOPHAS takes the most recent grade regarding towards retakes. How does it work exactly? My college has freshman forgiveness, which I used for one class, during first quarter of freshman year and ended up with an A+ when I took it the second time. As a result, my second class overrides its grade toward my cum GPA. Basically, I was wondering how that would effect my application process?

I am only worried about my mistake in my first quarter of college.

Before graduating I will have
A) 3.5+ cum GPA
B) 3 years as a Research Assistant in medical research
C) Legislative Aide Intern for a politician
D) Policy Analyst Intern for the State
D) Co-News Editor for an organization writing on issues such as healthcare
E) Probably another political internship of summer 2010 in D.C.

Last edited: