SOPHAS GPA Calculation and Columbia Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMPHMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So SOPHAS has had my transcript for over a week now, do they do the GPA calculation before I e-submit everything or after? Is it OK to submit before the calculation is done?

Do I need to send my transcript in to each school or do I only need to send it to SOPHAS?

Also, does Columbia Mailman School go through SOPHAS or does it have it's own system? It says on the site that the application system will go on in October but it hasn't changed yet.

Members don't see this ad.

So SOPHAS has had my transcript for over a week now, do they do the GPA calculation before I e-submit everything or after? Is it OK to submit before the calculation is done?

Do I need to send my transcript in to each school or do I only need to send it to SOPHAS?

Also, does Columbia Mailman School go through SOPHAS or does it have it's own system? It says on the site that the application system will go on in October but it hasn't changed yet.

Same situation here. I think it takes them a couple of weeks to do the GPA calculation. You can esubmit before it's done.

Only one transcript to SOPHAS.

Yes Columbia uses SOPHAS.

Is Columbia listed under a different name on SOPHAS? I can't seem to find them on the list where you choose the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same situation here. I think it takes them a couple of weeks to do the GPA calculation. You can esubmit before it's done.

Only one transcript to SOPHAS.

Yes Columbia uses SOPHAS.

My transcripts have been for 2-3 weeks and my GPA still hasn't calculated.

OK Thanks I was worried I missed something about Columbia. Also wondering, is it possible to submit twice on SOPHAS? If I have one school with a really early deadline and one with a later one, would I have to submit for the early deadline because I can only submit once?

You can only submit once but I believe you can add additional statement of purpose after you submit.

You can only submit once but I believe you can add additional statement of purpose after you submit.
I had the same question for SOPHAS. You can submit another application after you've submitted others. I called them to clarify. It's what a lot of us are doing for Columbia.

1. Can I e-submit my application before my transcripts or test scores arrive?Yes, you should e-submit as soon as you have completed your application. Do not wait for letters of recommendation, official test scores or transcripts to arrive. E-submitting as early as you are able will expedite the processing of your application. However, once submitted no additional changes can be made (although you may add additional designations).