Aug 17, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello,

Since SOPHAS sometimes calculates a different GPA from the one on transcript, does anyone know what factors could affect the calculation to be lower or higher? I'm from UC, so I'm at quarter system, and I know SOPHAS transfer it to semester credits, could that possibly make my GPA lower or higher? I'm a little worried because I've heard of people getting 0.2-0.4 lower/higher, and that could make a big difference if it happens to me.
Anyone had experience in this?

Thanks in advance!!

Aug 20, 2014
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I don't think it should change your GPA much. I'm not very familiar with the quarter system, but I would guess that when they transfer them over to semester credits, it would mean that each class is weighted less heavily. Depending on how your grades line up, I couldn't really tell you which way that is going to sway you (if at all) though. That's just my guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 17, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I don't think it should change your GPA much. I'm not very familiar with the quarter system, but I would guess that when they transfer them over to semester credits, it would mean that each class is weighted less heavily. Depending on how your grades line up, I couldn't really tell you which way that is going to sway you (if at all) though. That's just my guess.

Thanks for your input. I thought it wouldn't change much, if at all, until I saw some people say their GPA is changed by 0.3-0.4ish...and that is a lot! Then I started to kind of worry. But if each class is weighted less after transferring, then mine might go up a bit as I have a very bad GPA...Thanks again

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads