SOPHAS GPA

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by wwxx, 09.24.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. wwxx

wwxx

Non-Student
    Hello,

Since SOPHAS sometimes calculates a different GPA from the one on transcript, does anyone know what factors could affect the calculation to be lower or higher? I'm from UC, so I'm at quarter system, and I know SOPHAS transfer it to semester credits, could that possibly make my GPA lower or higher? I'm a little worried because I've heard of people getting 0.2-0.4 lower/higher, and that could make a big difference if it happens to me.
    Anyone had experience in this?

Thanks in advance!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. IntriguedStudent

IntriguedStudent Oops 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I don't think it should change your GPA much. I'm not very familiar with the quarter system, but I would guess that when they transfer them over to semester credits, it would mean that each class is weighted less heavily. Depending on how your grades line up, I couldn't really tell you which way that is going to sway you (if at all) though. That's just my guess.

wwxx likes this.
  4. wwxx

wwxx

Non-Student
    Thanks for your input. I thought it wouldn't change much, if at all, until I saw some people say their GPA is changed by 0.3-0.4ish...and that is a lot! Then I started to kind of worry. But if each class is weighted less after transferring, then mine might go up a bit as I have a very bad GPA...Thanks again

About the ads