sophmore wanting advice for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUkid

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
So I am currently interested in medical school. I am an undergrad at Ohio State U. Im a sophomore, and if I continue on this endeavor I will need to take organic and biochem, for pre-reqs. I thought I would take take advantage of this forum, because I would like help to better prepare.
I want to do research but do not know how to go about that, also would like to shadow a doctor, but at OSU wexner you can only do volunteer jobs such as being a door man or reception,etc and not really getting much interaction with the physician, so I have heard.
So any advice? I will listen to anything.
Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Also what is a good major? besides biology lol. I read somewhere med schools like different majors like business or even dance showing you are prepared to take more courses, and I also ready they like a good science background, so I really do not know...

Med schools don't care what your major is (nor minor), only that you do well.

Not all volunteering needs to be in a hospital. Think hospice, Planned Parenthood, nursing homes, rehab facilities, crisis hotlines, camps for sick children, or clinics. Check out your local houses of worship for volunteer opportunities.

To find a research lab, find out who is doing research on your campus, or nearby, and simply go ask them if they take volunteer lab assistants. To shadow, start by asking your personal physician, or see if s/he can recommend anyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Goro.
Also, it is going to seem pretty intuitive after Goro just said that your major doesn't matter as long as you do well- choose a major you will like/do well in, so that you "enjoy" it and maybe have something extra to talk about in your future interviewers.

Reactions: 1 user
O-H.....

Check your inbox!