Jul 31, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey! This is my sophomore year schedule at a state school. Just wondering, who has taken something similar to this? How was it? This is 18 credit hours a semester. The only other activities I'll be involved in will be meal prepping once a week, playing guitar at church, and tutoring a few hours a week. Thanks for any advice!

Fall:
Microbiology
Genetics
Ochem 1
Physics 1
Physics Lab 1
English (writing)

Spring:
Cell Bio
Ochem 2
Ochem Lab
Physics 2
Physics Lab 2
English (analysis)
Physiological Psychology

Jan 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
My schedule was very similar to yours minus a few classes.

Fall:
Micro
Ochem 1 honors
Physics 1
Physics Lab 1
Analytical Chem

Spring:
Genetics
Ochem 2 honors
Ochem Lab
Physics 2
English

Ended up with a 4.00+ GPA for both semesters while balancing ECs and working as a tutor. I recommend you cut back a little bit on the academics and focus on adding a few more activities.

Reactions: IncaSonDeLima

Elfie

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly, I don't think I could do that schedule and get a 4.0.. I mean I do a little more extracurricularly, but even if not that looks like a lot. Do your bios have labs as well? Or is that built in? I think taking off micro or genetics would benefit you in the long run.

I'm a uprising sophomore and my schedule is as follows:
Microbio/lab
evolution bio/lab
sociology
english
research credit

You're probably not going to change your schedule no matter what anyone says though, so good luck!!

OP
I
Jul 31, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly, I don't think I could do that schedule and get a 4.0.. I mean I do a little more extracurricularly, but even if not that looks like a lot. Do your bios have labs as well? Or is that built in? I think taking off micro or genetics would benefit you in the long run.

I'm a uprising sophomore and my schedule is as follows:
Microbio/lab
evolution bio/lab
sociology
english
research credit

You're probably not going to change your schedule no matter what anyone says though, so good luck!!
Micro and genetics have labs built in. Yeah, I'm not going to change it. I just wanted to see other people's experiences. Thanks, good luck to you as well!

Oncie

2+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2015
With that schedule, you're gonna have to commit your life to your coursework which means you can't do any ec's unless you don't sleep or can easily study the material for all those courses in a few hours.

Are you trying to graduate early?

Reactions: futuredoc520
OP
I
Jul 31, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
With that schedule, you're gonna have to commit your life to your coursework which means you can't do any ec's unless you don't sleep or can easily study the material for all those courses in a few hours.

Are you trying to graduate early?
Not trying to graduate early. Rather, I found interesting humanities courses I want to take senior year lol. This would also make my junior year slightly easier so I can study for the MCAT.

Reactions: Oncie
May 5, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Also a sophomore- I thought my schedule was difficult but you make my schedule look like cake.
Fall:
Biochemistry I
Biochemistry Lab
Physics I
Physics Lab
Calculus II
Philosophy

Spring:
Biochemistry II
Biochemistry Lab
Genetics
Physics II