Sorry another LOI question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hipatknight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I applied to MCG and got waitlisted, but I sent them a letter of intent before I got waitlisted. Do you guys think the LOI will help me get off of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

hipatknight said:
Hey guys, I applied to MCG and got waitlisted, but I sent them a letter of intent before I got waitlisted. Do you guys think the LOI will help me get off of the waitlist?

I don't think anyone here can give you a truly honest assessment of your chances. Any evidence/advice given will probably be anecdotal at best.

That being said, in my opinion, if this is where you want to go, be very proactive. Call the admissions office and ask if there is anyone you can talk to about increasing your chances of getting off the W/L. Also, get very friendly with these people. Keep updating the school with recent information (you don't have to win a Pulitzer, but at the same time you don't want to discuss how rad it was to be the "DJ" at your cousin's bar mitzvah). If you don't have anything new going on, write a letter discussing something you really like about the program without making it a second LOI.

Some of this information may feel generic, so post more about yourself for more help.

Well the problem with this school is that you cannot increase your ranking on the waitlist no matter what you do. Its pretty much set in stone. At least that is what I have heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
hipatknight said:
Well the problem with this school is that you cannot increase your ranking on the waitlist no matter what you do. Its pretty much set in stone. At least that is what I have heard.

Well in my honest opinion I don't think the LOI is going to help you out in that case. I hope for loads of waitlist movement at MCG and you being in position number 1. Is there anywhere else you are considering?

Well I applied to two other schools but got rejected already. This is the only waitlist I have. Ive heard theres much waitlist movement so we'll see.

hipatknight said:
Well I applied to two other schools but got rejected already. This is the only waitlist I have. Ive heard theres much waitlist movement so we'll see.

You are right. MCG is unlike other schools in that you cannot help your chances once you are waitlisted. It was smart for you to have written a LOI before the list came out, this way it may have influenced your placing before it was set in stone. I had the same idea. Hopefully it will help. Good luck!

yea man tru that.....i think it will help but who knows