Sorry I'm asking so many questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samiam0252003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just feel so confused with the AADSAS, because I'm scared of messing it up and having to take more time to fix it. But I was looking at schools and where and when I should send things. So what does it mean when it says "send these materials to the dental school at the same time you send AADSAS materials" is that when I hit the e-submit button or when they tell me it's processed?

Another one is "send these materials to the dental school only when an admissions officer contacts you" so when do I send those?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions :(

Members don't see this ad.

samiam0252003 said:
I just feel so confused with the AADSAS, because I'm scared of messing it up and having to take more time to fix it. But I was looking at schools and where and when I should send things. So what does it mean when it says "send these materials to the dental school at the same time you send AADSAS materials" is that when I hit the e-submit button or when they tell me it's processed?

Another one is "send these materials to the dental school only when an admissions officer contacts you" so when do I send those?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions :(

Take it literally. If they want you to send the things at the same time you send your application means send it when you submit your application. If they say to wait until a admissions officer contacts you, that means the school will send you a letter requesting what they want.

Apology accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
I was very confused myself when I did all that a year ago. It's good that you're trying to get everything right without messing up but don't stress too much about it. Materials that you're told to submit "at the same time" as aadsas material should be sent soon after you submit your aadsas. It takes aadsas some time to send out your app. to the schools. Whether or not the schools receive the aadsas first or the other materials you sent first doesn't matter. Two things I would just make sure of is not to make mistakes on your aadsas before you submit it... you won't be able to make corrections on certain parts and even on the parts you can correct, it takes so much effort to do it after submitting. And secondly, just check with the individual schools, once in a while, whether or not they received everything you sent. Good luck~ :)

For schools that require a check-- should I type out a letter or something with my name and AADSAS ID number so they know who I am? What kind of info should I include and should the letter be formal?

nini22 said:
For schools that require a check-- should I type out a letter or something with my name and AADSAS ID number so they know who I am? What kind of info should I include and should the letter be formal?

I don't know about others but I wrote my info on the check itself. A lot of schools specify what they want on the check on their website.