Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Sorry to be divisive, Perio Stigma Part 2

Discussion in 'Dental' started by QCkid, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCkid

QCkid Member
    5+ Year Member

I have better things to do and I probably shouldn't bother responding to this but I feell constrained to reply, like a benevolent father smilling and patting the head of little HITBOY after he throws a temper tantrum.

I understand why many people want to come here, and I have no problem with it. Maybe I wasn’t being very clear; those that I refer to were actually foreign trained dentists and said that they did very well as dentists in their own country. I guess I didn’t think that it needed to be explained since the information was inferred from the fact that the thread was about perio and I had quoted something about so many perio residents not speaking English. Capisce?
    Actually since he told me that they do very well as doctors in their own country I thought that it might be a little redundant to ask him what constitutes a lot of money. They actually said that they had a nice standard of living but that you couldn’t upgrade the whole country. Which means that they got sick of the dirt roads and broken down cars and the fact that the cities aren’t as nice as they are here. These were their words not mine. Regarding corruption, it is usually the rich that benefit from it and most of these people did very well in their own countries. As far as freedom and corruption in Iran, after overhearing several Iranian students talking about all of the fun that they had on their last visit to Iran, and the parties and clubs they went to I was a little surprised. I asked them something about being worried about getting in trouble or risking your life over there and they started to laugh. They said that the way Iran was portrayed over here was nothing like the way that it really is over there and that most of the problems and the hard line Moslem stuff didn’t effect the run of the mill person on the street and that people lived their lives pretty much like they do here. Yes, there are some problems but you just have to be smart about it, just like you do here. Once again, their words, not mine. I can’t comment on Egypt as there were no Egyptians present.
    In your stupidity you are actually getting a little mixed up. Actually it was the $500 per quad for “deep Sc/RP” that kind of tipped me off to his zeal for money and lack of ethics and he was Asian and not Indian. The guy who told me that I need a crown for a crack in my tooth was Indian. Despite the fact that their was no pathology, no signs or symptoms. I had it checked out later and their was nothing clinically visible.
    I have not interrogated anyone. I am at a school where about 80% of the students are of the non-caucasian persuasion. In one of our group sessions, their were 3 people from Iran, 2 Asians, and an Indian. Before faculty showed up, we were having a discussion that was basically about what was important in life (one of the other students had just gotten married). We’re all friends and it was a friendly conversation in which I mostly listened. Some of the other things that I said were based on conversations that I had with some international students later that same day while we were working together in clinic. Yes, I did tell him that we want people to come here who have integrity and will work hard and not just for money. What’s wrong with that? I want a better world to raise my kids in, not a more materialistic, greedy, and selfish world. This is my country and I think that we should have a say in who comes here. I have no problem with people coming here regardless of their country of origin, if they’re good people. I just want to keep the ones out who think that this country is a personal piggy bank or that want to do bad things here. I did not lecture anyone in any sense of the word, and by the way they all agreed with me and then actually told several stories of people that they know who just want to come here and make lots of money.
    Wow…. Malignant nature? My wife thought that was pretty funny. Why do you take these things so hard HITBOY? Are you a foreign trained dentist from a well to do family who just came here to get his? Everything that I talked about came from Foreign trained dentists in the International program, so don’t get your knickers in a bind and start shooting the messenger. No, I’m not very PC, I almost care about hurting your feelings, but I’m more about saying things as they really are regardless.

2. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show
    Physician Dentist Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Dude, did you not get that they closed the thread because YOU derailed it?

3. Envision

Envision Envisioning...
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    The topic to this thread is misleading.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN is misleading.

I thought the Perio topic was interesting until a couple of people had to ruin it with their silly blanket statements about immigration from India. Who cares?

There are poor and rich from all over the world who have done good things. Leave it at that babies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. drhobie7

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Huh? What's this about now?

6. Jaybe

Jaybe Lazy Tongs
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Apparently its about babies now. . . .

7. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

The previous thread was closed because it was getting off topic and playground hijinxs were ensuing. Calling other guests out and dragging an argument from one closed thread into a new one are violations of the TOS. I'm closing this thread for obvious reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.