Sorry to stress the dress code issue

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by wannaBdoc, Oct 29, 2002.

1. wannaBdoc

wannaBdoc Junior Member

I have one more question...So have we come to a conclusion on whether it is better to wear a collared shirt under a suit or just a rounded off camisol? I know I am stressing the little stuff, but if anyone could tell me what they wore or saw on their interviews I would be grateful. I interview at LECOM on the 7th of November.

Thanks for all the responses to my last question...very informative and helpful

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kappapiomega

kappapiomega Member

Most of the stuff that I saw was collared. However I saw plenty of girls wearing camisoles. Just wear what you feel comfortable and look good in.

4. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member

I agree-wear what you feel good in, as long as it looks professional (and that includes a wide spectrum of attire). I stressed about the details too, down to the purse, but I saw all sorts of suits when I interviewed-blue, grey, black in all types of styles with collared, turtlenecks, and plain camisole.

I wore a pinstriped black suit (pants) with a cream colored, collared shirt underneath.

I honestly don't think they notice your attire that much-more your overall impression and how well you speak and answer their questions :) Good luck!!

5. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member

I agree-wear what you feel good in, as long as it looks professional (and that includes a wide spectrum of attire). I stressed about the details too, down to the purse, but I saw all sorts of suits when I interviewed-blue, grey, black in all types of styles with collared, turtlenecks, and plain camisole.

I wore a pinstriped black suit (pants) with a cream colored, collared shirt underneath.

I honestly don't think they notice your attire that much-more your overall impression and how well you speak and answer their questions :) Good luck!!

6. alisha75

alisha75 Member

I also stressed about the small things...earrings, necklace,...hair...etc. While I don't think it is necessary to stress out about it, I definately would go with a conservative look. Nothing falshy, keep it simple. I chose to wear a black skirt suit with a white collared shirt, ugly conservative black pumps, hair up, simple necklace, small diamond studs, no rings, and nude hose. Because I dressed so conservatively, I felt more confident that the interviewers were listening to what I was saying and not what I was wearing. But, stay true to yourself. I am a pretty trendy person naturally and keep this element, I made sure to find a way to integrate it. Definately have a portfolio (doesn't have to be expensive at all). Good Luck!!!

7. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1

if i'm a guy and wanted to wear a camisole under my jacket...would that be bad?!!? :p
    hehehe

C'MON everyone!!! you are overlooking the important!!!!
    just dress in a manner that you deem professional. There is no one who is going to stare and worry about your dress. ( unless you look like trash! )

what you should be concentrating on is whether or not you come off as an antisocial introvert.

sorry for venting, but I really think you are all worrying too much about what you are going to wear.