Sorry to stress the dress code issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannaBdoc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one more question...So have we come to a conclusion on whether it is better to wear a collared shirt under a suit or just a rounded off camisol? I know I am stressing the little stuff, but if anyone could tell me what they wore or saw on their interviews I would be grateful. I interview at LECOM on the 7th of November.

Thanks for all the responses to my last question...very informative and helpful

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the stuff that I saw was collared. However I saw plenty of girls wearing camisoles. Just wear what you feel comfortable and look good in.

I agree-wear what you feel good in, as long as it looks professional (and that includes a wide spectrum of attire). I stressed about the details too, down to the purse, but I saw all sorts of suits when I interviewed-blue, grey, black in all types of styles with collared, turtlenecks, and plain camisole.

I wore a pinstriped black suit (pants) with a cream colored, collared shirt underneath.

I honestly don't think they notice your attire that much-more your overall impression and how well you speak and answer their questions :) Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree-wear what you feel good in, as long as it looks professional (and that includes a wide spectrum of attire). I stressed about the details too, down to the purse, but I saw all sorts of suits when I interviewed-blue, grey, black in all types of styles with collared, turtlenecks, and plain camisole.

I wore a pinstriped black suit (pants) with a cream colored, collared shirt underneath.

I honestly don't think they notice your attire that much-more your overall impression and how well you speak and answer their questions :) Good luck!!

I also stressed about the small things...earrings, necklace,...hair...etc. While I don't think it is necessary to stress out about it, I definately would go with a conservative look. Nothing falshy, keep it simple. I chose to wear a black skirt suit with a white collared shirt, ugly conservative black pumps, hair up, simple necklace, small diamond studs, no rings, and nude hose. Because I dressed so conservatively, I felt more confident that the interviewers were listening to what I was saying and not what I was wearing. But, stay true to yourself. I am a pretty trendy person naturally and keep this element, I made sure to find a way to integrate it. Definately have a portfolio (doesn't have to be expensive at all). Good Luck!!!

if i'm a guy and wanted to wear a camisole under my jacket...would that be bad?!!? :p
hehehe

C'MON everyone!!! you are overlooking the important!!!!
just dress in a manner that you deem professional. There is no one who is going to stare and worry about your dress. ( unless you look like trash! )

what you should be concentrating on is whether or not you come off as an antisocial introvert.

sorry for venting, but I really think you are all worrying too much about what you are going to wear.