Sort of a dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docbest

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you go to ur mcw interview if you had an acceptance in Suny-buffalo and HP waitlisted in UW-M? Include rationale if applicable.

Guys, don't flame me; just answer the question. I've definately tried to think this over but couldn't get to a firm conclusion. I just want to know if it will be worth going since I will be missing an important class that day.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Would you go to ur mcw interview if you had an acceptance in Suny-buffalo and HP waitlisted in UW-M? Include rationale if applicable.

Guys, don't flame me; just answer the question. I've definately tried to think this over but couldn't get to a firm conclusion. I just want to know if it will be worth going since I will be missing an important class that day.

Thanks in advance.

I would just go to the interview... you did all the work for the secondary. Whats a few hundred bucks now (have someone take notes for the class)? What if you really like the place? What if they really like you? Unless you are dead set on some place and have acceptance in hand, I thikn you owe it to yourself to interview when you have been given the opportunity.

Thanks in advance.

Rule of thumb is to attend interviews at schools you're still interested in. Just because you have an acceptance doesn't mean you have to stop the process at other schools. Worst case scenario is that you go to the interview, decide you don't like MCW as much as Suny-buffalo, and withdraw post-interview. On the other hand, you could absolutely love it and MCW becomes your top choice. It's hard to know how you "fit" with a school until you check it out in person.

If there is even the slightest chance that you'll attend then go to the interview.
Who cares about the class you'll be missing...you're accepted to med-school already!