SOS: florida license question!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lrania1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please anybody that has done this or he is 100% about this can please let me know:

if an international student with DDS from an non accredited dental school finishes a residency ( perio, pros etc) in an accredited dental school in US and finishes NBDE etc - is he eligible to take the florida board exams and become licensed in the state of florida?

I thought that this was true but I tried to fill out the application of form for the exam and it seems that this may not be true.

Please whoever knows please reply!

Members don't see this ad.

Please anybody that has done this or he is 100% about this can please let me know:

if an international student with DDS from an non accredited dental school finishes a residency ( perio, pros etc) in an accredited dental school in US and finishes NBDE etc - is he eligible to take the florida board exams and become licensed in the state of florida?

I thought that this was true but I tried to fill out the application of form for the exam and it seems that this may not be true.

Please whoever knows please reply!
FL dental hygiene license is possible in this situation
or you can apply for dental license in Minnesota

this is directly from the fl dental boards website
"If an applicant is a graduate of a dental college or school not accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of American Dental Association or of a dental college or school not approved by the board, he shall not be entitled to take the examination required in this section to practice dentistry until he/she:
  • Completes a program of study, as defined by the board by rule, at an accredited American dental school and demonstrates receipt of a D.D.S. or D.M.D. from said school; or
  • Completes a 2-year supplemental dental education program at an accredited dental school and receives a dental diploma, degree, or certificate as evidence of program completion. Refer to Rule 64B5-2.0146, F.A.C. for clarification.
Once qualified, an applicant must successfully complete the following to be licensed as a dentist in this state:
  • A written examination on the laws an rules of the state regulating the practice of dentistry;
  • A practical or clinical examination, which shall be administered and graded by dentists licensed in this state and employed by the department for just such purpose."
just call them & ask
good luck