Sour about my one stinkin' W.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wasabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's right. I'm just about finished with my AMCAS application, except for this one little problem. I can't seem to add a course I withdrew from during my freshman year. Is anyone experiencing the same problem when attempting to add "W" courses?

Well, I give up. Off to bed.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm up and still attempting to add this one "W" to my course work list.

Still no luck. :( Is there a glitch somewhere or am I just not trying hard enough to get what I want? By the way, I have been trying for almost four days at unusual hours of the day, and I still can't get this through.

What am I to do? :(

I haven't had exactly the same problem, but Ive been trying to add my future courses for weeks. Every time I check the "current/future" box, the system hangs. I've contacted AMCAS but they haven't replied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I entered my other 3 MCAT sections and excluded my "W" score... I figure that they have the actual results, this is just supplemental to them.

Originally posted by punkin2:
•I haven't had exactly the same problem, but Ive been trying to add my future courses for weeks. Every time I check the "current/future" box, the system hangs. I've contacted AMCAS but they haven't replied.•

Wait a minute, there's also a problem adding future courses?!

Has anyone successfully added "W" and future courses?

This AMCAS app takes a lot of practice. In the current/future part, if you click on it and it hangs, sometimes it actually receives the data, but has trouble sending it back to you. Try going back to the Course Work page and then click on your selected course. Plus, after it hangs, try clicking 'Next' and check it then too. Good luck.

Andrew

wasabi, how exactly are you unable to enter your 'w'? i had a course i withdrew from, and when you click 'withdrawal' on that list of checkboxes, the screen will refresh, and then most of the boxes at the bottom of the screen will disappear...if i remember correctly, all i could enter was the number of hours the course was, and then that was converted to semester hours...

I had no problems inputing W's on AMCAS, but that was probably just a stroke of luck considering all of the problems i'm having now!!!!!!!!!!

later