Source for Med-Peds Info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDMD2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying in Med-Peds, mainly in CA, NC, and New England, and have been a little disappointed at the sparsity of posts to places like Scutwork.com. I know its a while until I have to decide, and I should of course use my own interview experiences to guide my decision, but I just love reading the 'inside scoop' from the residents/interns/interviewees themselves. Any Med-Peds candidates/housestaff out there? Perhaps here would be a good place to start sharing comments.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also applying for Med-Peds. I haven't seen much on these posts, but am trying to get a sense of things by looking at medicine and peds separately. Are many of the programs waiting til after Dean's letters are in (by now they are) for interviews? I haven't heard from California or my top choices in Chicago and NY yet (U Chicago, Mt Sinai respectively). Have they started yet?

Stephcf,
I've heard back from most places, except for several that wait until Dean's letters have been sent (Yale, Harvard, Mt. Sinai in NYC). I guess we have to do double the work and try and find out both if Medicine and Peds are each good on their own. From talking to the Med-Peds residents here at UC San Diego, it seems we have to rely even more so on the interview visit to get a feel from the current residents what the program is really like. We need to go after that elusive question, "How are Med-Peds residents perceived by each department?". From what I've heard, the best place to truly get a feel is to go to those dinners they often have the day before interview day.
CR