1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Source for Med-Peds Info?

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by SDMD2B, Oct 28, 2002.

1. SDMD2B

SDMD2B Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm applying in Med-Peds, mainly in CA, NC, and New England, and have been a little disappointed at the sparsity of posts to places like Scutwork.com. I know its a while until I have to decide, and I should of course use my own interview experiences to guide my decision, but I just love reading the 'inside scoop' from the residents/interns/interviewees themselves. Any Med-Peds candidates/housestaff out there? Perhaps here would be a good place to start sharing comments.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. stephcf

stephcf Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm also applying for Med-Peds. I haven't seen much on these posts, but am trying to get a sense of things by looking at medicine and peds separately. Are many of the programs waiting til after Dean's letters are in (by now they are) for interviews? I haven't heard from California or my top choices in Chicago and NY yet (U Chicago, Mt Sinai respectively). Have they started yet?

4. SDMD2B

SDMD2B Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Stephcf,
    I've heard back from most places, except for several that wait until Dean's letters have been sent (Yale, Harvard, Mt. Sinai in NYC). I guess we have to do double the work and try and find out both if Medicine and Peds are each good on their own. From talking to the Med-Peds residents here at UC San Diego, it seems we have to rely even more so on the interview visit to get a feel from the current residents what the program is really like. We need to go after that elusive question, "How are Med-Peds residents perceived by each department?". From what I've heard, the best place to truly get a feel is to go to those dinners they often have the day before interview day.
    CR