South College of phamacy TN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nditebeck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys:
pharmcas just added this school to their list and emailed applicatnts yesterday. From what i gathered, they do not have ACPS accreditaion yet but are planning on enrolling the class of 2014. They donot say if their accreditation is on the way or anything in that regard, So let get out tongues wagging here.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys:
pharmcas just added this school to their list and emailed applicatnts yesterday. From what i gathered, they do not have ACPS accreditaion yet but are planning on enrolling the class of 2014. They donot say if their accreditation is on the way or anything in that regard, So let get out tongues wagging here.
yea I wonder

I think they have a pre-candidate status now but I can be mistaking.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have a pre-candidate status now but I can be mistaking.
Precandidate status allows them to accept students into the program. The website says Pharmcas has acknowledge receipt of their application and i planning a site visit this spring in order to consider giving the precandidate status. If they accpets students and don't get the precandidate status, they will not open this fall. That my understanding of it. I may be wrong.

i applied and interviewed, waiting to hear back now. The campus was very nice, it is a newly renovated building. I was very impressed with the faculty.

i applied and interviewed, waiting to hear back now. The campus was very nice, it is a newly renovated building. I was very impressed with the faculty.

I was invited to interview but they want me to take more courses this summer before starting the program. I have other interviews and depending how they turn out, i may have to cancel this one.

I interviewed on 3/11 and I just got a phone call saying I was accepted this afternoon. Anyone else get accepted yet?

I just got called for an interview for the 25th today. How was the day of the interview like? What were the interview questions like?

I just got called for an interview for the 25th today. How was the day of the interview like? What were the interview questions like?

It was pretty relaxed. All of the faculty were very nice and helpful. First, you will take a tour of the school. Then, they give you a 15 min break. Next, they split you up into two groups. One group will do the interview first, and the other group will do the essay and questionnaire first. I think we switched after an hour. Once all of this is done, the two groups rejoin and you have a Q&A session with the dean and the faculty. There were only 6 people interviewing the day I was there, so it was nice to have a more personal connection with the school.

The interview questions were the typical, "Why pharmacy, why South College?" They also asked a couple of situational questions and about yourself as a person. You will interview with two faculty members at one time. At first I was nervous about this, but it wore off quickly because the faculty interviewing me were pretty relaxed.

The essay that I had was a moral essay dealing with capitol punishment. It is a written essay, so they provide you with pencil and paper. It didn't have to be very long. One side of the paper if I recall correctly.

The questionnaire is just a multiple choice (no wrong or right answer) type. It is situational questions and you answer what you think you would do. They told us it was an experimental thing they were doing so they could match you up with an advisor that fits your personality.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :thumbup:

After viewing this thread and seeing other people receive acceptance offers, i was shocked that i had not received an offer yet. I e-mailed the assistant dean and was told i was on the list to again be considered at a later time. I thought the interview went well so i was not expecting that. I hope to hear some better news in future e-mails. I really liked the town and would much rather complete my pharmacy education there than in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone accepted their offer for acceptance yet?

Hmm wow I wonder how many people they will get to accept.

I accepted their offer about a week ago. I really feel they have a lot of great things going for them!

I accepted their offer about a week ago. I really feel they have a lot of great things going for them!

What day did you interview? I was there on 3/11. Just wondering if you were one of the ones that I was there with.

What day did you interview? I was there on 3/11. Just wondering if you were one of the ones that I was there with.

My interview date was on 3/3. I really enjoyed my interview there, I interviewed with another school the next day and it was boring compared to South's.

We interviewed on the same day! Were you the one who was also interested in ETSU?

Haha, that's great! I did apply to ETSU but they were one of my last options. They ended up not getting my PharmCas stuff by their deadline so it all worked out. But the guy that sat beside me in that conference room got accepted to ETSU. Where are you going to go?

What is everyone's stats that got accepted?

My gpa was about 3.65 but my pcat was only a 49 with little volunteer work and no pharmacy experience

feedback from this school does not look good.....

Last edited:
hi,

to those who have been accepted, how long did it take for you to receive the acceptance letter after the acceptance call? thanks in advance!

Mine took just over a week but I think that's because I live in Arizona

Ive got an interview at another school this week and if i am accepted most likely Ill be dropping my seat. I hope that those of your who are waiting get that seat.

Mine took just over a week but I think that's because I live in Arizona

I'm from AZ as well, i interviewed there early March. Do you go to ASU by chance?

hi,

to those who have been accepted, how long did it take for you to receive the acceptance letter after the acceptance call? thanks in advance!

I got my letter about a week after the phone call and I live in Knoxville

hi,

thanks to everyone who replied to my previous post. has anyone looked into apartments near the campus?

hi,

thanks to everyone who replied to my previous post. has anyone looked into apartments near the campus?

Has any one gotten info about accreditation? Obviously this school has not received AACP accreditation yet though they aare in the process of getting it.What do the school authorities say regarding that. I love this school and wanna be part of it but i am kinda concerned about accredition issue.

Last edited:
I have looked into some apts near there there's one cheap one that I liked it's called Warren house apartments on ten mile road it's like four miles away from the school and for a one bedroom furnished with all utilities except electric including cable is about 510 or so and unfurnished is like 480 a month pretty decent place

About the accreditation status They are going to get there final inspection in the end of June to receive pee candidate status I'm positive they won't have any trouble with getting accreditation I think only one or two schools have been denied accreditation and that's only because they didn't follow the rules and proceedures for accreditation

Last edited:
I am also not concerned about them getting their accreditation because the Dean has been involved with a few pharmacy schools before this one so he knows what he is doing. He is also a highly respected man who will get the job done and do it right.

There are lots of apartments in Knoxville, if anyone has any questions about specific ones I can try to help since I am from the area.

Hey guys what was the essay question? and what kind of question are asked for interview? Would really appreciate your help

My Interview went exactally as JDubya88 described it above and probably described it better then I could but yea same essay question about Capitol punishment and every thing well Gl!!!

Thanx zafer... ya I am very nervous.. .don't know what to expect.

Don't worry this was my most relaxed interview when I went I really loved the interview I'm sure you will too when is your interview

I was also really nervous but after you get in there they make you feel relaxed and the interview part was actually fun. (I know you are thinking, an interview is fun?? But they do a great job of making you feel comfortable) No worries, you will do fine. :)

accepted into the program, coming to look at apartments. which ones do you suggest?

Do you have a price range that you want to stay within and how far do you want to be from the school?

would like to stay under 700 for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom.. and would like to be as close as we can get

would like to stay under 700 for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom.. and would like to be as close as we can get

These are some of the ones that are around that price range, not too far from school, and in a decent area in Knoxville. Hope it helps!

Briarcliff at west hills
Copper Pointe
Greenbrier Ridge
Heritage Lake at Westland
Londontown
Plantation manor
Reserve at Westland
Sunchase
Walkers Crossing

Hi PharmDGirl,

I was wondering if you know whether any of those apartments you mentioned have laundry machine and dryer in the individual rooms? Thanks!