South College of phamacy TN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, the interview was super EASY! Please don't stress out about it. Trust me, you will regret if you worry too much or over- prepare. I was prepared and practiced answers for over 100 questions that I have collected online, but none of those questions popped up during my interview. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. It was just like any other conversation you would have with your friends, professors...they asked me about my education, classes, job, extracurricular activities, future goals, and of course why pharmacy? why south college? Don't be nervous, sleep well the night before, and eat breakfast! (I was sick, had a stuffy nose, and kind of lost my voice. I was nervous and so worried that I only got 2 hours of sleep, and didn't even had breakfast. I got really really hungry during my interview :( ) The essay topic is about pharmacist prescribing...are you against it or not? I hope this will help you guys.
Hey Did you get accepted or DId they mention when they would let you know by (Like in 2-3 weeks) ??? and Thanks a lot for the tips. I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

How many students were interviewed that day? Was it a group interview?

How many students were interviewed that day? Was it a group interview?

Hey, I wasn't on his day, but there are about 10-15 students per interview day.. No group interview. It starts out with a quick tour, then you either have your essay, or your interview with two interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, the interview was super EASY! Please don't stress out about it. Trust me, you will regret if you worry too much or over- prepare. I was prepared and practiced answers for over 100 questions that I have collected online, but none of those questions popped up during my interview. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. It was just like any other conversation you would have with your friends, professors...they asked me about my education, classes, job, extracurricular activities, future goals, and of course why pharmacy? why south college? Don't be nervous, sleep well the night before, and eat breakfast! (I was sick, had a stuffy nose, and kind of lost my voice. I was nervous and so worried that I only got 2 hours of sleep, and didn't even had breakfast. I got really really hungry during my interview :( ) The essay topic is about pharmacist prescribing...are you against it or not? I hope this will help you guys.

hey How many people were there besides you interviewing?? :xf:

I will have the interview on the 16. Im kinda worried. Does anyone know how can we borrow the money for the tuition? I heard its expensive.

To who alraedy had interview or accepted:
I am a little confused about the $50 fee. When we sent the school the supp app with the $50 check, they cashed it already. And then in the email Ms. smith sent me to confirm the interview, she also mentioned that I needed to bring the supp app together with $50 check to the interview, and it is due at the time of the interview.

So the total fee is $100 or it was just a duplicate?:confused:

I am in the inaugural class and yes we are getting tons of info from them so I'm sure that is why its taking a while to get your stuff. I know they are really busy trying to get our orientation worked out (Feb15-17). I think it took about a 1-2 weeks after they called me to receive my official letter and packet but I also live in Tennessee.. so if you live out of state I'm sure it will take longer. I don't remember getting a formal email .. just a packet that will come in the mail with the official letter along with your deposit form, health forms, drug testing info.. those kinds of things. I will say that if you haven't had your Hep B shots.. start them now. There has been some confusion about our health forms so maybe they are trying to revise them for 2015 class before sending them out. (My class is still considered 2014, bc we grad in Dec. of 2014). If you have any questions or anything.. let me know. If not, hope to see you when your class starts :)

So if I had the hep B shot long time ago back in my country, can I have a blood test showing that I have antibody? Anything else in the health test? And how do you borrow the money for tuition? Thanks

I am not sure..I have decided to attend another school that is less expensive than South.

Thanks alot. I would like to ask for your advice. Should I attend South or Lecom-B? I like South bc of the 3 yrs program so I can graduate fast, but the tuition and the process of borrowing private loan make me think.

Hey I got in south also... I tried to find this page and no luck can you sent me an invite...Thanks

Okay so I just figured out the group thing on Facebook, so I made us a group. It is called South College School of Pharmacy Knoxville, Tennessee Class of 2015. Please join so we can all start getting to know each other!! :)

:laugh: I also got accepted from March 2 interview I tried to find this page and couldn't...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks alot. I would like to ask for your advice. Should I attend South or Lecom-B? I like South bc of the 3 yrs program so I can graduate fast, but the tuition and the process of borrowing private loan make me think.

I would choose Lecom cuz its cheaper and it's already accredited school plus interest rate is 6.8%; another thing to keep in mind is the south is really a new program now so u may want to watch out for the new obstacles in future. But at the end, its your overall decision buddy. I interviewed at south and Lecom but I have decided to go to my state school. And @ South you are looking to pay more than 42k/yr since they don't even provide health insurance to the students but it's required that you have a full insurance before your first day at south.

:laugh: I also got accepted from March 2 interview I tried to find this page and couldn't...

Hey! Private message me your name and where you are from so I can try to find you on FB. I had to delete that one and make a new one because I made it under a "page" instead of a "group". The group is called South College School of Pharmacy Class of 2015.

I would choose Lecom cuz its cheaper and it's already accredited school plus interest rate is 6.8%; another thing to keep in mind is the south is really a new program now so u may want to watch out for the new obstacles in future. But at the end, its your overall decision buddy. I interviewed at south and Lecom but I have decided to go to my state school. And @ South you are looking to pay more than 42k/yr since they don't even provide health insurance to the students but it's required that you have a full insurance before your first day at south.

Thanks a lot for the info. So you are from Florida? As i said, the 3 yrs program makes me compare cuz I want to graduate and come home soon. So you are at Lecom now? Do they let us transfer to Erie campus?

Hey! Private message me your name and where you are from so I can try to find you on FB. I had to delete that one and make a new one because I made it under a "page" instead of a "group". The group is called South College School of Pharmacy Class of 2015.

I could not find it either!

I have a question about the admission process. So since the time when we got a phone call from Dr. Tarrant, we have to wait until we get the package, and the we have 10 days from the day we get the package to send them the $1500 deposit . Am I right?
And do you know what is in the package?
Thank you

I could not find it either!

Message me your name and where you are from so I can try to find you on FB and add you. It's an open group on FB so I'm not sure why some of you are unable to find it. Sorry.

Heard that they had a difficult time in getting pre-candidate status accreditation. For those who are attending, just be careful.

Heard that they had a difficult time in getting pre-candidate status accreditation. For those who are attending, just be careful.

They already got it on jan 23 tho. The next visit from ACPE will be on this oct for candidate acrreditation.

This is a great school. Everybody likes it especially the campus and the faculty members. My wife is attending.South is the best for the next three years.

did you receive your letter from the school sayin that you got in... when you do you have 10 days to send back the 1500 dollars they said the packets want be here till may

I have a question about the admission process. So since the time when we got a phone call from Dr. Tarrant, we have to wait until we get the package, and the we have 10 days from the day we get the package to send them the $1500 deposit . Am I right?
And do you know what is in the package?
Thank you

Have you received the letter sayin that you were accepted if so you have 10 days from then to send in your money... The packet want be here till May they said..

Kodaman, yes they are...
---
Has anyone found housing yet? I know it's a little early but I'm just curious how people are finding roommates and such. Thanks!

I got accepted too and is now looking for housing and female roommates.

Message me your name and where you are from so I can try to find you on FB and add you. It's an open group on FB so I'm not sure why some of you are unable to find it. Sorry.
Can you add me to that group too?

I got a phone call for an interview very soon! Can you guys give me some tips to do well? I am so nervous.

I got a phone call for an interview very soon! Can you guys give me some tips to do well? I am so nervous.

I got an email for interview as well! Planning on choosing the 16th as well! This school looks great but I'm kinda worried about the accreditation status of the school. Does anyone know how the school is doing thus far with its accreditation? Thanks.

If you look at the school page on pharmcas it says full accreditation.

EDIT: Oops I was looking at the wrong SOUTH , it has pre candidate status in TN

Last edited:
hi, did anyone have his or her first interview for the Fall, 2013 school year yet? Please could you tell me what was on the interview? Thank you. mine is next week.

Hey i have an interview on the 16th also... anyone have feedback on the interview?

i will see you guys there i'm also interviewing on the 16th

I have mine on Nov 30th does anyone else have their interview that day

I applied to six pharmacy schools in August about two weeks after I finished PharmCas. South invited me to an interview before any other schools did. I went to my interview on Friday, and got a phone call the following Monday receiving acceptance into South College School of Pharmacy. I received my acceptance package a few days or so later, and have 14 business days.

I was so nervous about the interview, but it all went well. The school is really nice, and all of the faculty and staff that I met seemed nice as well.

I do not have any doubts that South College will receive their full accreditation. After all it is a sister school to their main university that is already fully accredited.

As soon as my semester is over, I am scheduling with a Realtor and a rental agency to see what all is available for sale and rent directly close to the college. A nice apartment or preferably a small, nice condo that I could purchase is ideal. I am planning to put my home on the market to sell as soon as my fall semester is over with.

I do not know this part of Knoxville very well.

Last edited:
i interviewed today and just received a phone call from the dean saying i was accepted!!! :)

i interviewed today and just received a phone call from the dean saying i was accepted!!! :)

Awesome! Congratulations! I interviewed on Nov. 9th and was also accepted. They have like 3-4 interview dates this month alone and then several in Dec and Jan. Pretty much all of the interviews they are giving between Nov and Dec are the cream of the crop students (on paper).

So be proud that you got called in for an interview and congrats on your acceptance.

Did they mention how the ACPE on-site inspection went this week? ACPE was coming between Nov 13-15th to inspect for possible candidate status for the school. I am sure that they would mention what they think the feedback was, even if it was by reading ACPE's body language. I am positive the school will receive its full accreditation once it graduates its first class as they already have full accreditation at their main university. The pharmacy school campus is a sister school to its main campus that already has full accreditation. They will receive it, but I was wondering if they gave any feedback at your interview?

Hey, i was accepted too. Did you know how are we gonna borrow the money for tuition?

You apply for financial aid (Fasfa) and get either a subsidized or unsubsidized loan just as you would almost any other professional school.

I am going for the subsidized, that way the government pays the interest on the loan while you are in school. That way you do not have to start paying it back until six months after you graduate, and interest is not accruing while you are in school. I am pretty sure the interest does not start accruing until you have to start paying it back, which is six months after you graduate. I think you can get a deferment (at least if only once), but interest only payments begin even if your loan is deferred.

Information is on the South College pharmacy school website under the link that says financial aid, but it is the same as it is almost anywhere.

*Subsidized better still be available or the accruing interest debt will be so high on top of tuition costs, etc., that it will never make sense to take out a loan in the first place for any professional school.*

Last edited:
To who alraedy had interview or accepted:
I am a little confused about the $50 fee. When we sent the school the supp app with the $50 check, they cashed it already. And then in the email Ms. smith sent me to confirm the interview, she also mentioned that I needed to bring the supp app together with $50 check to the interview, and it is due at the time of the interview.

So the total fee is $100 or it was just a duplicate?:confused:

You only owe one $50 dollar application fee. They know that you paid the $50 dollar supplemental fee. I am sure that was a mass email, to save time, that went to every student coming in for the next interview.

Just received an interview invite today and just added them to my pharmcas this weekend. It is not even mailed. I'm excited! In love with the idea of a three year program but just have some reservations on the newly accreditation status. Can anyone give any insight to what they tell you regarding the future of the program? Also what are options if we get accepted and things fall through? Is it basically a gamble?

Just received an interview invite today and just added them to my pharmcas this weekend. It is not even mailed. I'm excited! In love with the idea of a three year program but just have some reservations on the newly accreditation status. Can anyone give any insight to what they tell you regarding the future of the program? Also what are options if we get accepted and things fall through? Is it basically a gamble?

There is no guarantee, but they already have full accreditation at their sister campus, and I do not not believe that they will have any trouble getting full accreditation at the pharmacy location. All the steps have to be followed to a t and graduate their first class before they can receive it. It is always a gamble, but EVERY new school has to go thru this process. They are a three year program and the school has a lot of high-tech technology. I think they will be an excellent school once they do get their accreditation, but they are a little pricey, and the prices including only tuition/student fees went from the February 2012 inaugural class ($111,600) to the second entering class ($115,500) and have recently went up in price the third class entering June 2013 to ($124,500). This is for three years tuition, but a 9,000 jump for the next class, and there is no guarantee that it will not keep edging up. Of course this does not include books/supplies/lab coats/apparel/other fees/ and of course living expenses. I think it will be an excellent school to go to, but it is not cheap. Do what is best for you.

Thanks for your reply! I have been looking all over the site trying to find a type of academic calendar. I see where the have the curriculum. But I was curious to find out time frames and that sort of thing on when they have breaks and such. Being that it is a three year program I was wondering if it was like other three year programs where they have 10 weeks of school, 1 week of exams and then a week break before the next 10 week quarter beings? Any insight?

Thanks for your reply! I have been looking all over the site trying to find a type of academic calendar. I see where the have the curriculum. But I was curious to find out time frames and that sort of thing on when they have breaks and such. Being that it is a three year program I was wondering if it was like other three year programs where they have 10 weeks of school, 1 week of exams and then a week break before the next 10 week quarter beings? Any insight?

Yes, I went to an interview at South College. They do 10 week quarters. The first 2 years are about 18 credits per quarters. Students do get 2 weeks break between each quarter and three weeks break at Christmas. Also, students get a few days here or there break, but not much other than weeks I mentioned. These breaks are good and bad. They are good because you get the breaks, but bad because in the third and last year, you will be taking 12 credits each of the 4 quarters on top of doing your rotations. They are giving the breaks, which is good, but many schools, whether a 3 year or 4 year school has only rotations in the last year because all of the classes have been finished already. To me, it means another year of living expenses in Knoxville. I am not sure about how they do exams, but I would say that they have finals week in each of the last week of each quarter, and they could also have exams during the ten week quarters as well. I hope this helps you.