South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchris71

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couples matching with my wife....I am psych...she is IM...we know nothing about South Florida..any insight/info/opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks'
Chris

Members don't see this ad.

I would just reccomend knowing spanish before considering any of the florida or southern california programs since the spanish-speaking only is so prevalent there (I've heard estimates of up to 25% at Miami). I wish that everybody in the world could just learn one language and stick with it. One generation would suffer, but future generations would thank us all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I was referring to USF in Tampa.
Chris

As an EM intern, I get to hang out with a lot of the other specialties. Psych is definately a good program, everyone in the program loves it and feel they are treated good. They all seem to be getting good job offers out of residency. Plus they can moonlight and make like 1-3k a weekend.

IM is probably average. Decent, most of those that apply for fellowships get them... we have most if not all the IM subspecialties (sorry I'm not an IM guy so I don't really pay attention). Decent perks for IM... most seem happy.

Q, DO

Thanks Q the info is very much appreciated.
Chris

I don't think you need Spanish as much in the Tampa area. It's not like Miami, where I'm sure it's higher than 25%.