South University c/o 2017 Columbia SC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LombardiM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am going to South University in Columbia, SC c/o 2017. Anyone out there going to South as well? Any questions about the application, interview process, or acceptance just ask away!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm attending an interview for South University at the Savannah campus on February 7, 2014. Do you have any tips or comments to share in regards to the interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am going to South University in Columbia, SC c/o 2017. Anyone out there going to South as well? Any questions about the application, interview process, or acceptance just ask away!
just received an invite to interview tonight.. hows the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm attending an interview for South University at the Savannah campus on February 7, 2014. Do you have any tips or comments to share in regards to the interview?

ill be flying out there tomorrow morning :) but to the columbia campus

Hey all! I am so sorry, I started this thread and never turned on the email notifications ( I figured "on" was the default) so I never got to see any of your posts! How did the interviews go?? Have you heard anything back yet? I have been to the Columbia campus 3 times, and each time is as exciting as the first! I absolutely love the campus. I graduated from U of SC (Go Cocks!), which does have a pharmacy school (SCCP), but the comparison between the two isn't even fair. South is new and fresh and geared towards the student. The pharmacy school has its own building (SCCP has not even half of a building that also houses all science majors for undergrad. I had to walk an average 4 block from my car at USC, at South you park at the front door. *No Parking Tickets!* @Llenus @Mur7ay @Oleman

Hey all! I am so sorry, I started this thread and never turned on the email notifications ( I figured "on" was the default) so I never got to see any of your posts! How did the interviews go?? Have you heard anything back yet? I have been to the Columbia campus 3 times, and each time is as exciting as the first! I absolutely love the campus. I graduated from U of SC (Go Cocks!), which does have a pharmacy school (SCCP), but the comparison between the two isn't even fair. South is new and fresh and geared towards the student. The pharmacy school has its own building (SCCP has not even half of a building that also houses all science majors for undergrad. I had to walk an average 4 block from my car at USC, at South you park at the front door. *No Parking Tickets!* @Llenus @Mur7ay @Oleman

Hehe it's all good. The trip was great! I flew out from Cali and it was my first time traveling like that. I really loved the school and the professors... Everyone was so incredibly nice and welcoming. I did however arrive late to the interview date because I was stuck waiting in the wrong building XD. I arrived at 715am and waited at the main building, not the actual pharmacy one. Otherwise it was a great interview! I interviewed with two gentlemen and it was indeed very laid back. We got side tracked in conversation many times so they only really got to ask me maybe 5 questions (20min).

I did get accepted in the end but I declined the offer because I also got accepted to a school in Cali (touro). I admit I was sad :/

Hey all! I'm a pharmacy student currently attending South in columbia and will graduate in June. Ill be moving back home to TX and need to get rid of my mattress, dining table and other small stuff around my apt. Let me know if you guys are interested!

Let me know if you are looking for furntiture!

Let me know if you are looking for furntiture!
I wish! My husband and I own a home in Lexington and we have too much furniture lol so if anyone needs a couch i have 4. literally.

I was accepted recently and im planning to move to lexington any tips on good areas to look for housing?

I was accepted recently and im planning to move to lexington any tips on good areas to look for housing?
Hey! Congrats! Where are you from? Lexington is really nice, but the drive to South every morning is going to be killer. There is usually plenty of traffic on highways 20, 26, and 277. Definitely look at places very close to the highways. I waste almost 15 minutes just to get on the highway in the morning because I wasn't thinking about the commute when we bought our home. But, you live and learn. What areas are you thinking about?

Hey!! I also got accepted at South University Columbia campus but i know very little about Columbia .
I would like to bring my family along but i am worried about the job situation out there.Any heads up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!! I also got accepted at South University Columbia campus but i know very little about Columbia .
I would like to bring my family along but i am worried about the job situation out there.Any heads up?
Hey! Congrats! Where are you from? The housing and job markets here are actually pretty good. What kind of work would your family be looking for?

Thanks.We are coming from Maryland .Looking for nursing nursing assistant jobs.
Nursing homea, home healthcare agencies hospitals ..............

Thanks.We are coming from Maryland .Looking for nursing nursing assistant jobs.
Nursing homea, home healthcare agencies hospitals ..............
I have family in Westminster! There are several hospitals: Lexington medical center, Richland hospital system, baptist hospitals, providence hospital, then there are Agape nursing homes and rehabilitation centers as well as NHC which is elderly care. You all can get online and look for job openings there. Nurse assistants are in demand as far as I know.

Hey! Congrats! Where are you from? Lexington is really nice, but the drive to South every morning is going to be killer. There is usually plenty of traffic on highways 20, 26, and 277. Definitely look at places very close to the highways. I waste almost 15 minutes just to get on the highway in the morning because I wasn't thinking about the commute when we bought our home. But, you live and learn. What areas are you thinking about?
im from miami but currently i've been living upstate for about 6 months. im going to go through the places south provides us at the interview and go from there i guess. when can you actual send in for you intern license after you receive your acceptance packet or acceptance offer?

im from miami but currently i've been living upstate for about 6 months. im going to go through the places south provides us at the interview and go from there i guess. when can you actual send in for you intern license after you receive your acceptance packet or acceptance offer?
No, you can't apply for intern license until the school sends you a clearance letter. I'm waiting for mine now, they send them after you have done everything in the welcome packet (transcripts, background check, CPR cert, immunizations, proof of insurance, and lab coat order form)

Does anyone mind sharing or messaging me their stats. I am planning to apply there next cycle. This would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Does anyone mind sharing or messaging me their stats. I am planning to apply there next cycle. This would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

You are applying for Class of 2019? Stats aren't everything. South no longer requires the PCAT. There are people in our class who came in with 3.8 GPAs who couldn't handle it, and there are people in our class with 2.8 GPAs that are doing well. South doesn't consider only your stats. They prefer a Biology or Chemistry degree over just the prereqs, they consider your personal statement, letters of Rec, and prior pharmacy experience as well. If you want to post your stats you can feel free to do so, and we can give you our honest opinion.

AARON! lol its hilarious finding out who i spoke to before we came. Shawn and i were chatting for months before june. HAHA

Hi, are you guys 2017s in Columbia? I'm starting this year as a 2018 and I'm super excited and nervous!

Congrats!!!!
Hello LombardiM,

I would like to learn more about Columbia, SC-College of Pharmacy. May you please share with me how's the school program for you? For example, last year (or history statistics) passing and retention rate? How many people are finishing school on time? The school is accredited, and when is renewal inspection?

How do you like about the learning, teaching and studying? and what do you wish the school would have done differently to better prepare you as a pharmacist? If you have another choice, will you still choose South University as a pharmacy program choice? What do you like most about the program?

For rotation, organization, and club activities, Are they really active? and what kind of activities are they doing? Would you mind to share with me your daily activities and how's it like for most of the students?