South University c/o 2020 (entering 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amberdecember

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going for the 09/09/2016 interview at savannah campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
if you dont mind me asking; which hotel do you plan on staying at or will you drive straight to the interview?
I live about 3 hours away, so we are staying at the holiday inn express on Abercorn. It is approx. 10 minutes from South.

I will be there! Has anyone received any additional information besides the interview invitation email?

You need to complete supplemental application package sent via email with directory of school. Did you get that?

Yes, I have turned everything in. On the email that says they want you to come interview on the 9th, it says more information will follow. I haven't received any additional info yet, and I was wondering if anyone else had.

Yes, I have turned everything in. On the email that says they want you to come interview on the 9th, it says more information will follow. I haven't received any additional info yet, and I was wondering if anyone else had.

Also, did anyone have any issues with one of your references not being able to submit a recommendation letter with the link provided by PharmCAS?

I changed my date to Oct, 7. Hopefully you guys have a great one and give me some advice :)
SS15: I don't any issues with it. South needs only 2 LORs,

How was the interview going, guys? Don't you mind to share?

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview going, guys? Don't you mind to share?
It wasn't bad. They are very nice and want you to relax, but I don't think anyone actually enjoys interviews. All I got were questions that there are no right or wrong answers to, just what you would do in certain situations. So all you have to do is be honest and be yourself. Not everyone is called in for an interview, so you have already made it that far!

sounds you did very good job on your interview. Congrats! hopefully we could hear a good new from you! Is this your 1st choice?

sounds you did very good job on your interview. Congrats! hopefully we could hear a good new from you! Is this your 1st choice?
Yes, I applied for early decision, so I am committed to South if accepted. The environment there is awesome. It is a small school, but that is part of what makes it great. Everybody knows everybody, students and teachers alike. You can't get that kind of one on one with professors at many schools.

Yes, I applied for early decision, so I am committed to South if accepted. The environment there is awesome. It is a small school, but that is part of what makes it great. Everybody knows everybody, students and teachers alike. You can't get that kind of one on one with professors at many schools.
Then, why my friend who is going there complaint about it?
I did not apply for early decision but I submitted my application early, so they gave me an early chance I think. I do have other 4 more interviews just confirmed, so I had to consider about non refundable 1k deposit at south if got accepted. That is why I delayed my interview date to oct, 7. Btw, Gud Luck to You!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I've been checking my email all day lol

Wishing you all get in, but waiting for your "wow" lol

Has anyone heard anything yet? I've been checking my email all day lol
I got an email from the company that does background checks once you're accepted, but still nothing from the school. Anybody hear anything yet?

I received an email from the company that does background checks this morning for accepted students. I have not received anything else from them yet. I have been looking at my email constantly!! :p

I got an email from the company that does background checks once you're accepted, but still nothing from the school. Anybody hear anything yet?
I got that same email but nothing from the school yet.

Congrats! I was accepted as well...the next chapter begins!

Yes, this is Brandon. Thank you. I am so happy for you as well. I am very glad you got accepted. I suppose us being so nervous (or me) paid off!! :)

I'm a PY1 at South in Savannah. I'm so happy you love it! :) Congrats on being accepted! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm only in my second quarter, but I love South so far!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats you all, My interview will be Oct, 7... any tips guys?

I'm a PY1 at South in Savannah. I'm so happy you love it! :) Congrats on being accepted! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm only in my second quarter, but I love South so far!
Can you tell me a little bit about your class schedule for P1? When do you guys get off class and are the testing blocks different for P1 and P2? Thank you

Thank you. Congrats to you for getting an interview.
The interview day is very informative. It is a chance for you to get to know more about the school and their program. The faculty and staff are very helpful, friendly, and professional. The day begins with an introduction to the school and program. We were required to write an essay. We toured the school and were allowed to ask questions concerning the area and the program. We were provided lunch. It was a really good meal. The interview: I would just recommend to anyone to just be who you are. The questions are situational and personable. The faculty are very approachable and friendly. Best of luck to you on your upcoming interview. I can honestly say I felt like this was the place for me after interviewing. It was a very warming experience. :)

Thank you! I can't wait to get started.

For those of you who got an intervie, how long after e-submitting your PharmCAS application was it before you received an email from south? I submitted mine 9/6

For those of you who got an intervie, how long after e-submitting your PharmCAS application was it before you received an email from south? I submitted mine 9/6
After you get science gpa calculation from pharmcas and they sent our application to school, it takes about 2-3 days for south to review your application. I think we applied early, and there was not so many students applied at that time, it does not take so long for them to review. But after that, I am not sure. Btw, hope that you'll get your interview day as same as mine. Gudluck!

Thank you. Congrats to you for getting an interview.
The interview day is very informative. It is a chance for you to get to know more about the school and their program. The faculty and staff are very helpful, friendly, and professional. The day begins with an introduction to the school and program. We were required to write an essay. We toured the school and were allowed to ask questions concerning the area and the program. We were provided lunch. It was a really good meal. The interview: I would just recommend to anyone to just be who you are. The questions are situational and personable. The faculty are very approachable and friendly. Best of luck to you on your upcoming interview. I can honestly say I felt like this was the place for me after interviewing. It was a very warming experience. :)
How many situational questions had you been asked? :)

After you get science gpa calculation from pharmcas and they sent our application to school, it takes about 2-3 days for south to review your application. I think we applied early, and there was not so many students applied at that time, it does not take so long for them to review. But after that, I am not sure. Btw, hope that you'll get your interview day as same as mine. Gudluck!
PharmCAS recieved my transcripts 8/22 so hopefully I know soon. When is your interview?

PharmCAS recieved my transcripts 8/22 so hopefully I know soon. When is your interview?
It was 9/9... Same with others, but i asked to move to oct, 7 bc personal issue