South University Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baboguy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
It is hard to find information about someone's experience with this school. I have got invitation to interview on Sep, 9, 2016. And I don't know much about its location, program.... Does anyone apply here or go to this school? Can you give me some ideas about this school for my upcoming interview? I appreciate very much!

Members don't see this ad.

I have numerous friends who are in the South program in Columbia. They love it, but they are also stressed 24/7 since it is accelerated. They are also kind of burned out since they are P3's now and it's their final semester

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
It is hard to find information about someone's experience with this school. I have got invitation to interview on Sep, 9, 2016. And I don't know much about its location, program.... Does anyone apply here or go to this school? Can you give me some ideas about this school for my upcoming interview? I appreciate very much!
Are you familiar with the area? Savannah is a really old, beautiful town. The school is pretty small, but it is close to the mall, restaurants, etc. It is pretty quiet there, in contrast to Mercer and PCOM (near bustling streets of Atlanta) and UGA (party scene). Everyone has their preferences. South has 4 quarters a year for 3 years, and if you do the dual degree program, you go back for one extra quarter to finish your MBA. Hope this helps. If you have specific questions, I will try to help! I will be interviewing there as well.

Hi guys,

Hi,

I got the invitation as well for that date and received my acceptance letter! Wohhoo. How about you? Di you hear back from them? I have friends who attended the school and all of them told me it is very family oriented and everyone is very friendly. Good luck!!

Hi,

I got the invitation as well for that date and received my acceptance letter! Wohhoo. How about you? Di you hear back from them? I have friends who attended the school and all of them told me it is very family oriented and everyone is very friendly. Good luck!!
Congrats...i changed my day to oct. its coming up

Are you familiar with the area? Savannah is a really old, beautiful town. The school is pretty small, but it is close to the mall, restaurants, etc. It is pretty quiet there, in contrast to Mercer and PCOM (near bustling streets of Atlanta) and UGA (party scene). Everyone has their preferences. South has 4 quarters a year for 3 years, and if you do the dual degree program, you go back for one extra quarter to finish your MBA. Hope this helps. If you have specific questions, I will try to help! I will be interviewing there as well.
PCOM is actually in Suwannee, GA so it is far from bustling streets. Its actually a pretty quiet and nice neighborhood with many restaurants and things to do near by.

PCOM is actually in Suwannee, GA so it is far from bustling streets. Its actually a pretty quiet and nice neighborhood with many restaurants and things to do near

It is closer to Atlanta than the other schools besides Mercer, only about 35 minutes away. So no, it is not that far away. Plus it is still in a busy city in a very highly populated county (Gwinnett). If that's what you consider quiet, that's awesome. Like I said, everyone has their preferences. So are you going to South? Class of 2020?

Futurepharmacist2020 How was your interview experience?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Futurepharmacist2020 How was your interview experience?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey there! I interviewed at South. When I arrived, I was led to be placed in classroom with the other interviewees. The first thing we did was the writing prompt, which is nothing to worry about. It's not as bad as you think it would be. They just want to see if you have good grammar and mechanics. Then we watched a brief presentation about the school from the Dean, then one from the director of Student Affairs, and finally a financial aid rep came and talked to us very briefly. By then, it was time for interviews. We all had different time slots. While some interviewed, some went on a tour of the pharmacy school and if you weren't touring or interviewing, you were just sitting and casually socializing with faculty and current students. When you actually have your interview, there will be two faculty members interviewing you at the same time. Just be professional and confident. They're going to ask you about 5-7 questions. I feel like most of them are situational/scenarios, but they're not bad. Make sure you ask them questions in the end. Shows your interest. Share your endeavors as a future pharmacist and share your experiences. Let them know who you are because after all, that's why you're there. But after everyone has interviewed, you have lunch. Be social, best time. Then, I highly recommend that you go on the trolley ride after. Don't bail out unless you really have to! Just go for the ride and if there are faculty members on the trolley, I'd suggest you talk to them after the tour and you're on the way back to the school.

I got accepted, but I declined the offer. Great school though! South's facilities are immaculate! Everyone is super nice, but Savannah is my hometown and I didn't really want to stay home for pharmacy school unless I had no other choice lol. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 user
Condo for rent !!!
Two bedroom, two bathroom condo for rent, include, private bathroom, washer and dryer, living room and kitchen. Secured parking in a gated community. Less than 1 mile from South University School of Pharmacy, 5 miles from Armstrong University and 15 minutes from historic downtown.

Edit: This was a post with a place to rent - it has been rented.

Last edited: