South University (Entering 2014) Savannah Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone who has been offered an interview! Did the Savannah campus already send out interview invitations for Mar/April interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone who has been offered an interview! Did the Savannah campus already send out interview invitations for Mar/April interviews?
I got an interview for Feb 21st! I'm so excited!

Does this school do a white coat ceremony?

Members don't see this ad :)
Went to South (Columbia) today to take my husband and mother for a tour, they said we should expect welcome packets mid march.

Reactions: 1 user
How long has the interview day been for either location?

How long has the interview day been for either location?

Generally it's from 8am to 4pm with the one on one interviews being last and you can leave as soon as yours is done. I was out by 3pm

ACCEPTED! See you guys in June!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I'm currently on my last year here at south university school of pharmacy (SUSOP), Columbia campus and will graduate june 2014. Just seeing if any of you guys who plan on moving here for school need any furniture! Please let me know, I'm selling my dining table, mattress and a few other small things. Respond to my post if interested.

GL to the rest of you still waiting for interviews and acceptance letters!

Does South find the rotations for you or do you have to find your own like Lecom?

Does South find the rotations for you or do you have to find your own like Lecom?
If you want out a specific site, you will have to find the contact information and give that to the designated person (or professor) in charge at South. You are not allowed to contact the preceptors directly according to SUSOP, they will do that for you. The school is already contracted with places though and you can choose from that as well.

Orientation is June 9-12, white coat is June 12th, classes start June 16th.

Hey everyone! I am currently attending South (c/o 2016) on the Columbia campus. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)
What kinda breaks do you get in between quarters? And what is the pace like compared to undergrad?

What day does classes start?

Orientation is June 9-12 and Classes start June 16. White coat is June 12. I believe it is 2 weeks between quarters, I was told there would be a whole month off at one point.

Found out I was on the waiting list. I was a little bummed but at least I didn't have to pay the $1,000 upfront before my 2 other interviews lol. Does anyone know when I'll find out if I'm off the waiting list?

Found out I was on the waiting list. I was a little bummed but at least I didn't have to pay the $1,000 upfront before my 2 other interviews lol. Does anyone know when I'll find out if I'm off the waiting list?
you can find out all the way up through orientation, in some cases even the first day of class i've heard. I don't know if it's true though.

What is the math portion of the interview like? Calculus, algebra, basic math, or just pharmacy type calculations?

It's basic math " how many milligrams of acetametaphin are in 6 tablets of Percocet 5/325" stuff like that.
What is the math portion of the interview like? Calculus, algebra, basic math, or just pharmacy type calculations?

Anyone arriving tonight at the columbia location?

Anyone arriving tonight at the columbia location?

I have a friend who is interviewing tomorrow at columbia. We live in the area though so no arriving necessary. Get some sleep! don't be late, and RELAX!! They really want to get to know YOU not the bundle of nerves you are.

I have a friend who is interviewing tomorrow at columbia. We live in the area though so no arriving necessary. Get some sleep! don't be late, and RELAX!! They really want to get to know YOU not the bundle of nerves you are.
Lol, thanks! I'll be going to bed after crackle barrel.

Interviewed March 7, Accepted March 19 to Columbia campus! Proud to be class of 2017:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Whats up man, yeah we did! You looking forward to moving down here?
Not much, just trying to finish up the last four weeks of undergrad. How about you? Yeah, very excited.

Not much, just trying to finish up the last four weeks of undergrad. How about you? Yeah, very excited.
Same here! I'm ready to graduate and get undergrad over with and start at South! This three year program is about to be a heck of a ride but I'm ready for it!

Same here! I'm ready to graduate and get undergrad over with and start at South! This three year program is about to be a heck of a ride but I'm ready for it!
Yeah it's definitely going to be a ride

Yeah it's definitely going to be a ride

would you happen to know if they are still interviewing and accepting at this point? I still haven't heard anything and im super nervous :(

would you happen to know if they are still interviewing and accepting at this point? I still haven't heard anything and im super nervous :(
From what I understand they interview once a month and I believe they still are interviewing.

From what I understand they interview once a month and I believe they still are interviewing.

oh darn, that means there is only one more session :(((

Has anyone started filling out their financial aid packets yet? I emailed the office for some clarification but I guess everyone is busy. If anyone could assist in how you've decided which loan(s) and amount I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

Has anyone started filling out their financial aid packets yet? I emailed the office for some clarification but I guess everyone is busy. If anyone could assist in how you've decided which loan(s) and amount I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.
I filled out the paper work and sent that in the other day. Is that what you're talking about?

I filled out the paper work and sent that in the other day. Is that what you're talking about?
Not the welcome packet, but the financial aid papers that were given at the interviews... I already contacted the school for guidance. Thanks for the reply though!

I have accepted another admission offer at University of Florida so I will be forfeiting my seat at South U soon. I hope it goes to someone deserving :)