Southern Ilinois Medprep(post bacc program )

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bachus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Donse anyone know how good the medprep program(post baccalaureate program) is at Southern Illinois University school of Medicine? I understand that most students stay there for about two years. I was wondering if there had been any students who did just one year in the program and was accepted into medical school. Thanks for your reponse.

Members don't see this ad.

The program is quite good but I think that completing one year of post-bacc work isn't substantial enough to gain acceptance at most schools. Try completing all courses suggested by the post-bacc program to strengthen your chances of getting in.

Good luck.

I completed medprep and it is a very good program. I feel that medprep provided the environment for me to gain strong strong study skills while preparing for the MCAT and taking enrichment courses. There were people in my class who only completed one year and were accepted into med school. The majority of my class completed the two years. Acceptance also depends on your entire package..not just medprep. some people who only did 1 year had a strong gpa coming in a just needed help with the mcat. The advantage to the second year is that you take courses that youll see as a first or second year in med school.