Southern Illinois University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joooj86

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from couple people that southern could accept applicants without an interview..is this a common thing? or in rare cases?? what do u guys know about that?

Members don't see this ad.

Check their website. Last time I looked, they didn't mention interviews. However, they strongly recommend visiting the school early in the application process.

joooj86 said:
I heard from couple people that southern could accept applicants without an interview..is this a common thing? or in rare cases?? what do u guys know about that?

Yes they don't do interviews but they recommend u visit the school and show them that u really like their crappy school in the middle no where! I have been there, visiting didn't help much and only put me in their waiting list. They take 45 a year only and many applicants from down state and not from Chicago area!!!
Good Luck

joooj86 said:

I attend SIUE. They take 50 students a year. I am from the Chicagoland area and about a third of our class is from the Chicago area. Interviews are not mandatory but they will call you in for one if they feel the need.