southern illinois university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bolton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everybody....i'm just wondering if anyone has gone on an interview or knows anyone that currently goes to this school. i went on my interview tuesday and everyoen was so nice, but the school was just so small. almost everything was in one building and it just did not seem that i would be able to learn all of the necessary tools for the usmle. although i must say that the patient interaction and PBL did seem very cool. well, any insight would be appreciated. i'm off to michigan right now for that interview.yay! for 6-7 hours drives.
good luck everyone!:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going in a couple of weeks (25th) so if you still have questions pm me then.

When are they going to send me a secondary??

Is anyone else waitinig on a secondary from them, having been transmitted in july.
Don't they send it to all in state students with decent qualifications. Does someone know what the secondary questions are? Are they nasty and long?

Members don't see this ad :)
i think they asked 2 simple questions...such as why would you want to go to SIU....and also....why do you want/what would make you a good physician. i dont have them in front of me anymore, but i looked at what i wrote them and they must have been to that effect. i see you are from chicago....they really look at central/downstate applicants, so you might have more trouble than most getting in. but as long as your application is solid or you can show some downstate ties i think you should be fine. GOOD LUCK

No, they screen even in-staters.

When I mentioned to my friend I'd gotten a secondary rather quickly from them, she (an Illinois resident also) just received a pre-secondary rejection from SIU.

I felt like I creep. Wish I'd kept my mouth shut

Maybe it's new this year.