Southern Illinois Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dogdayafternoon

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone knew the chances of the SIU "ranked waitlist" actually moving? Apparently, I called the office and they said in the last 4 years, they've only gotten down to candidates from the ranked waitlist once! The "ranked waitlist" is the 2nd priority status. Their 1st priority status is "accepted pending available spots".

The woman seemed pretty sure that they only admitted candidates from the "ranked waitlist" once in the last four years because she had been there that long but wow! I thought 50% of classes could come from waitlists. What's going on here?

Members don't see this ad.

dogdayafternoon said:
Hey,

Was wondering if anyone knew the chances of the SIU "ranked waitlist" actually moving? Apparently, I called the office and they said in the last 4 years, they've only gotten down to candidates from the ranked waitlist once! The "ranked waitlist" is the 2nd priority status. Their 1st priority status is "accepted pending available spots".

The woman seemed pretty sure that they only admitted candidates from the "ranked waitlist" once in the last four years because she had been there that long but wow! I thought 50% of classes could come from waitlists. What's going on here?

What the admin office says is correct. If you do a search of SIU on these pages you'll find a bunch of info about the various waitlists they have. The way SIU admits students ensures that they don't overfill the class too much. It gives them a better opportunity to see all of the applicants instead of snatching up the first good ones that apply.

The search should give you more good info. If you have any other q's PM me. THere are some others on SDN who have been accepted from different routes at SIU.

:luck: I was sent a letter a few weeks ago telling me I am in the Accept when place available category, i think that was in early march and until now I have not been accepted. The lady in the office said they send a small batch of applications in mid- March and another in early April. But I've been accepted to another school so I probably won't go to SIU. Good luck to you guys! :luck:

I spoke to the admissions secretary at SIU recently and she told me another batch of acceptance letters will go out April 10, then after that we'll be waiting until after May 15 (when everyone makes their decisions about where to go).