Southwestern Oklahoma State

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Butterfly918, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Butterfly918

Butterfly918 OU Bound!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Has anyone interviewed at SWOSU this year, or last year? The most recent interview feedback I see is from 2005. Anyone know someone attending SWOSU? I'd like some idea of what to expect from the interview.
    :) Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I interview at SWOSU last week, I having been following the OU thread, I am a new member, if I remember you interview and received acceptance letter at OU, I am still waiting for OU, the interview consist of one professor and one student. Everything else is one on one not by group. Questions are very similar like OU but SWOSU reviews your application file more and ask questions from your file. The essay was also similar to OU. There were just a few other people there interviewing but nothing done as a group. The lady in the office said they were interviewing 80 people for 39 slots. When do you interview at SWOSU and do you plan to go to OU or SWOSU if you are picked for both? SWOSU will let people know mid-May.

4. cycloketocaine

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I got an invite for an interview, but will not go, cause I got into OU.

5. Butterfly918

Butterfly918 OU Bound!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for the information. :) My interview is on the 19th.
    Yes, I got into OU :D and will probably go there. However, if I also get accepted at SWOSU, I'll want to compare financial aid packages. One of the "paying for college" seminars I went to with my daughter advised applying to more than one place, because sometimes you might get a much better package from one school or the other. Having said that, I would much prefer to go to OU-Tulsa!

Good Luck getting into OU. :luck:

Do you want to go to Tulsa or OKC?

6. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Congrats to both, butterfly918 and cycloketocaine for being accepted to OU:) I prefer OU-OKC, but still waiting for that letter:scared: , I have never been to Tulsa so if I would get OU-Tulsa I would go tour to see what it is like but it would be alot further from home. SWOSU would also be a possibility if I hear from them. At this point of not hearing I will go where I get in.:) :luck:

7. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    How did your interview go at SWOSU on the 19th.

8. Butterfly918

Butterfly918 OU Bound!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for asking! I think it went pretty well. I'm not sure how I did on the essay though. I'd been sick for a week before the interview, so by around 5:15 when I was given the essay to write, I was having trouble concentrating. :(

Otherwise, I thought the process was a bit disorganized. I did not even get a tour! :confused: Then the admissions coordinator ran through all the information so fast, my head was spinning! Anyway, she said all the letters regarding acceptance or wait list or denial would be mailed sometime between 5/10 and 5/15

9. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    GLAD YOUR INTERVIEW WENT OK, :) I DIDN'T HAVE A TOUR EITHER EXCEPT OF THE PHARMACY DEPT. NOT THE SCHOOL. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HERE AND I WILL DO THE SAME. I DIDN'T GET INTO OU SO I AM HOPING I WILL GET IN AT SWOSU.:) :luck:

10. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Has Anyone Heard From Swosu Yet?

11. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I received a letter today from SWOSU, I made the alternate list, has anyone else received letters.:)

12. zzzzzzz

Pharmacy Student
    I received an acceptance letter yesterday!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

13. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

Congratulations ZZZZZZZ!!! :) I hope that I will get into Swosu. If you don't mind me asking was Swosu the only pharmacy school you applied to and do you currently have a bachelor degree. If you don't mind sharing some of your stats where I have an idea if I have a chance. I was denied at OU and hoping to get into Swosu but on the alternate list. My stats were 3.7, Pcat - 80, have 6 months pharmacy experience, don't have degree currently have 95 credit hours, 1st year applying. Again, Congrats and good luck.:D

14. cycloketocaine

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You know.....SWOSU didn't leave the best taste in my mouth, and I didn't even go to my interview!!!!

15. zzzzzzz

Pharmacy Student

Thank you! I also applied to OU. no degree. a few points lower than your pcat score. 3.8 something GPA and over a year of pharmacy experience. I think my interview went extremely well and I believe that's what helped me. Good luck! I hope you get accepted. When will you hear from them?

16. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks for sharing your info with me, everyone on the alternate list had to tell SWOSU by May 31 if they wish to continue to be on the list and send spring transcripts. The school would rank the alternates and let us know by July 1 where we stand on the list. Hopefully, I will get in, I thought my interview went well and SWOSU was more interested in me than my interview at OU.:):luck:

17. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I received my acceptance letter into pharmacy school at SWOSU on Friday. I am so excited!:D

18. Butterfly918

Butterfly918 OU Bound!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congratulations!! :D

19. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thank you. Gook luck at OU.:) I was disappointed when I didn't get in at OU, but I am really excited to get into pharmacy school at SWOSU and not have to reapply at both places and wait another year. :D:D

20. zzzzzzz

Pharmacy Student
    Congratulations!! See you in August! :)

21. OSOK

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am planning on applying for the fall 08 semester at SWOSU. I was wondering what everyone thought about my chances. 3.9 gpa 84 pcat with really low chem score. I will have almost a years experience in pharmacy. Also how do I go about applyin to SWOSU the website isn't very helpful. SHould i apply to OU-tulsa as well..... Not really a fan of the city but i dont want to spend another year waiting.

22. Phlame217

Phlame217 PGY-1 IM
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Well did you do all or any of the undergrad at SWOSU? That GPA and PCAT will likely earn you an interview but if you did your undergrad else where itll be extremely rough getting in.

23. OSOK

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah I did my pre-work somewhere else.

24. Phlame217

Phlame217 PGY-1 IM
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    yep you'll have a rough time getting accepted, I have a friend who got accepted to Howard, but rejected at SWOSU.

25. pharm21

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    You will need to call the Pharmacy dept and ask them to send you an application in the mail. I did my pre-reqs elsewhere in Okla, made the alternate list, and ending up getting in Fall 07 at SWOSU. I know of someone else who did pre-reqs in Okla (has a degree) and got in on first round. I would advice you to apply to more than one place. I applied at OU, got turned down. My stats were 3.7 and 80 pcat, I was well above the average on OU stats of the interviewing class(2007), with the exception of it being my 1st year applying and not having a degree yet(95 credit hours). There was alot of people who had degrees and 2nd year applying. SWOSU is a good school and looks at Oklahoma residents. Good luck!

26. Phlame217

Phlame217 PGY-1 IM
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    BTW The infamous Mrs. Theissen retired at the end of last year, as i just found out, and has be succeeded by a much younger and less stern secretary.